Chapter 16

I'm not confused anymore why the food there was that expensive. From the ambiance of the restaurant, the taste of the food, the way they were presented and how they looked, and most of all the unique twists in each food. Waffles were not just ordinary waffles with Nutella. It was all around it. Yes! The waffles were dipped in the Nutella. In other words, Nutella with a piece of waffle. And the milk tea was not just an ordinary milk tea. There were lots of pearls and with every sip, there was a different flavor you can taste. Which was weird. It was like magic.

And what I'm more thankful for is that Peter paid for it. "Thanks for the treat earlier," I slowly leaned my back at the door of my room. We have arrived. And I still can't get over those snacks. He smiled at me and then unlocks his door. He didn't say a word but just went inside his room leaving it open for me to get inside. He goes straight to his closet and faces the mirror.

"How's your boyfriend?" I sat on the bed.

"He said he's fine but I don't think he is." I slowly rubbed my palms on the rough sheets.

"How can you say so?" He faced me with his arms crossed and a sarcastic look.

"Because he is my boyfriend. And it's been two years so I can tell it whether he's okay or not." He nodded and pressed his lips.

"What happened to him?" I didn't understand his question.

"What do you mean?" I inquired.

"I mean why did his asthma attack him again?" His bed is really hard.

"He told me he was just tired of rehearsing for basketball but Tristan told me the truth that he got into a fight." His forehead began to draw wrinkles on them like he's an old guy.

"Got in a fight?" I let my body fall on the hard surface of the bed. The ceiling is as white as the sands outside.

"Yeah, because the members of the other camp insulted me and he didn't like it." Here I am recalling everything that happened again as it's making me blush.

"I see you blushing." He insulted. I rolled my eyes the stood up.

"I'm not." I crossed my arms and he walked towards me and then parked himself beside me.

"But you're laughing." The problem of him being smart enough to sense everything that's going on around him. I rolled my eyes and then used my fist formed into a rock to sarcastically and gently punched his arm. I tried my best to be gentle because I didn't want to hurt him. It was supposed to be a joke.

****

I raised my phone and sat on the chair beside the study table in my room. Shane, Britney, and I are on a video call right now together with Peter. I don't know why he didn't just go to my place so we can share or why I didn't go to his place. "Guys! I missed you all so much!" Inside me, I was saying: If you came then you don't miss us. But instead of saying it I kept quiet and let Peter answer her.

"You are so missing everything cool in here! Sunsets, new foods, and people!" The jealous looks were obvious in Britney's eyes. But luckily, she isn't here because if she is, then she would tease me a lot about Peter. Ever since we were in first-year high school, she was already shipping me with him. And she never stopped. "That's right." I agreed.

I barely looked at the camera because I was checking on my unpolished nails for no reason. "Never mind. Because I know you guys are having a good time there just by yourselves and we don't want to be third and fourth parties." Britney said and both she and Shane laughed with it. Seriously? Is that even a joke? "Not funny," I responded.

But both of them kept laughing. While Peter and I kept quiet. "So what else are we missing? The love between you two?" Shane added making them both giggle harder. "Not funny!" I yelled but seems like they didn't hear it.

"First of all, Charlie's got a boyfriend, second of all, I'm not interested in relationships for now. And most of all, you two should learn to laugh properly." At least he's on my side.

"Fine," they both stopped and sat properly.

"I heard Chance is in the hospital." Shane is now in her serious mode. She took a sip from a white mug which I suppose has coffee in it. She's a coffee addict who can't live a single day without it.

"Yeah, that's where we've been a few hours ago," I answered.

"He got in a fight." Britney interrupts.

"I know. He didn't tell me but Tristan did." I responded.

Shane rolled her eyes sarcastically and said "I am so jealous. He got in a fight because of you." We all laughed. Well, I'm not going to argue about that. Shane never had a boyfriend before and no one had a crush on her. Except for the guys who she meets online.

"Know that when you guys are about to leave, but me a souvenir. Whatever is new in there." Said Britney. She always goes here for souvenirs.

"Yes ma'am!" Peter joked.

"No sarcasm but I wish I'm there with you. But our road trip will be over in the next three weeks. As far as I can, I would try my best to catch up." She added.

"Me too." If only they know that our usual rooms are now occupied...

My plan is not to tell them that and when they come here, I would let them cry about it.

Which can only happen if they are able to catch up with us.

Four weeks are left until this summer is over. "Okay, just hope you won't regret it," I said then immediately left. But in the background, through Peter's side, I heard them asking: "Regret? What? What would we regret?" The prank is on.