Chapter 15

I just realized how lucky I am for having Chance. Until now, I can't imagine what he did. I don't believe in luck, but he got himself in a fight just to stop whoever those guys were from teasing me? I don't know how the topic led to me and how they knew me. Nevertheless, my boyfriend was able to defend me. He didn't feel ashamed or hid that I'm his girlfriend.

Seatbelt locking me, windows halfway down, and light mellow melody running around. And the sunshine was also hitting my skin. "Can you stop here? I feel hungry." I let out an awkward smile when I saw a restaurant with a few people sitting on the chairs and some were even standing in the line.

"Okay, same." He parks the car beside all the other ones and stops it. Truth is, I'm not hungry. I want to feel the ambiance since it looks good here from the outside. I opened the door and Peter came from the other side. The wind was blowing my hair while the sun was bouncing through my hair but not burning it. We walk towards the door and he pulls it for me, then lets me in first.

This place is quite crowded. One thing is for sure. The food here is nice. People won't come here if the food is not that good. I scattered my eyes around to look for a place for us to sit, but all the seats were taken already. Some by families, couples, groups of friends, and single people. "Let's go up there?" He pointed his finger at the ceiling above us with his other hand playing with the car keys. But I barely heard the noise because it was too noisy inside.

So there's a second floor? I didn't notice it. I just nodded and followed his steps as his feet met the stairs. It looks a little less crowded here. He kept walking and stopped for a free seat. Just right for the two of us. One small square table and two spherical red chairs. I took the other space and looked up at him while he remained standing like the seat was not for him.

"Why don't you sit?" I asked. He slowly inserted his hands into his pocket and began tip-toeing.

"We haven't ordered anything yet." He answered. I forgot this is a restaurant. I'm only here for the ambiance not for the food. But seeing the other people around enjoying their own makes me hungry.

"Right, maybe get the menu?" He simply smiled and nodded but didn't say a word. He walked away and then talked to a guy in a white long sleeve with a bow. He came back walking with a big hard black cardboard in his hands. I realized what I did. I made him get the menu for me when I was able to do it.

He slowly sat down in front of me and places the menu down on the table. I grabbed one of them and he grabbed the other.

So many choices. But the problem is that they're all so expensive and the letters are so small. I can't understand the font too. Or maybe because I don't do cursive.

French Fries

Burger

Bacon

Waffles

Sandwiches

Pizza

Milk tea

Coffee

Chocolate cake

Pie

I don't see anything special about those foods. They're the usual snacks I eat. But why are they more expensive than a phone?

"They're too expensive..." I whispered.

"Just pick what you want to eat." He quickly responded.

"I'm not hungry." He slowly removed the menu which was blocking his face before. His eyes are now locked on mine again.

"You're the one who led me here. You asked me if I can stop because you said you were hungry." His good memory sometimes has a few disbenefits.

"Yeah, I know. But I'm now I'm not hungry anymore." I don't want to spend seventy dollars for a plate of French fries.

"I know you are. If you're worried about the prices, leave them to me." That's too much.

"No! Definitely not." I shook my head with a bit of laughter coming from my mouth.

"Charlie, my offer has an expiration date." I rolled my eyes and smiled. I was about to stand up but I didn't. I couldn't. Because he held my arm and stopped me.

"Okay, then get me Taro milk tea and Nutella Waffles." They were the least expensive ones but still were out of my wallet. He nodded and smiled at the same time. He keeps doing that action and I end up staring at him completely. He needs to stop doing it.

He raised his hands and the waiter arrived. Another tall guy in the world who's making me realize how short I am. "One Taro milk tea, one cappuccino tea, and two Nutella Waffles please." The waiter nodded his head and then walked away.

I watched him look around. His eyes were pointed at the people passing by, waiters walking with food in their hands, a group of friends talking to each other, and some kids running around. "You're a Swiftie right?" I broke the silence between us. He nodded.

"Favorite song?" I asked.

"Cruel Summer." He surely answered with a lot of confidence in his voice.

"And you?"

"All Too Well, the ten-minute version of course." It made him laugh a little but I didn't mind asking him.

"Favorite album?" Now he's the one asking about it.

"Reputation, because it always gives me my baddie vibes. Whenever I get mad, even when it comes to small things, the intro of Look What You Made Me Do automatically plays in my head." With his pressed lips, he responded: "I love 1989. That's where her strong era started. From broken to powerful." I agree with that.

"What about favorite Taylor Swift ex-boyfriend?" It was supposed to be a joke but...

"Harry Styles. Because of him, Taylor was able to write the masterpiece titled Style."

"I'll give the spot for Joe Jonas because Mr. Perfectly Fine was created because of him."

I don't know why but I always get this strong happy feeling when I talk to him despite our conversations which people might find boring. For me, they're like oxygen. Which are what I need to survive the days.