Chapter 6

The chilly breeze coming from the air conditioner froze me as I wore my one and only swimsuit. Which was a gift from my boyfriend: Chance. This is the first time that I would wear this. When we go swimming, I rarely wear clothes like this, but I'm feeling like it today and I'm in the mood, so why not? I'm the type of girl who's both confident and insecure at the same time.

I enjoy wearing swimsuits and acting like I'm in a Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, but I also feel too shy about it. Well, not today. By embarrassing myself, I got my confidence up. I opened the door and, much to my surprise; I was stunned when I saw Peter with his hands in the pocket of his shorts, standing like he has been waiting for me for an hour.

He smiled and scanned me from head to toe. "What?" I asked to check if, for him, I looked good or bad. He nodded and seemed too speechless to speak in a way like he wanted to say that I looked bad. I knew it in the first place. "Umm, well... you look... good," he smiled, and I wanted to roll my eyes but he complimented me, so why would I do that? Of course, he would say I look good because he is my best friend, but I wonder maybe if he's a stranger he'll be honest.

I nodded too and closed the door with my phone in my hand. He led the way down the stairs. I hate stairs. Not scared, but I just hate being tired of climbing up and down. I thought I'm done dealing with them in our house, but up until here, they're making me tired.

The brittles of white sand met my open slippers and got into the sides of my feet fingers. They're tickling and irritating me. But I only have them once a year so... I got to enjoy them.

"So, you read to rock?" He turned his back and there it goes, I'm here seeing his six-pack again which came from nowhere. As far as I know, he doesn't work out. Did he draw all those? But they look real though. Darn it, I'm thinking of it again. He just asked me. That's it.

"Umm, what do you mean?" I didn't ask what he meant. I asked him to say again what he said because I didn't understand it. I was too distracted.

"Ugh! I meant rock! Like, enjoy, and slay!" I really need to study the male language. This is also sometimes the reason why I and Chance don't understand each other.

"Oh, well, yeah..." again, I forgot my ear pods. Now I can't swim while listening to great music. We walked a few meters already. I don't want to go back there in my room just to get my ear pods. I need them but they might not be worth it.

"I missed this place..." He took a deep and heavy breath when his eyes saw the beauty of Mancheston. This is the place I call paradise and home. Wish I could stay here forever. There were only a few people walking around and some of the cottages were empty. At the same time, the trees were dancing around along with the music of the wind. Sunlight hits the sand, making it too hot to be stepped on. And turned the seawater into a warm sauna. I smiled and scanned the whole place.

Too bad Britney and Shane had to miss this. Every time I'm here, I always feel like I'm here for the first time. It feels like home. It feels like sunshine in the rain. In other words, pink in my blue life.

I stepped closer to Peter who seemed to be lost already in his imagination. I watched him watch the sea waves and breathe. The way he smiles gives me goosebumps. They're... well... one thing I missed since we were kids. He always smiles but I can tell how fake they are. Now, he's smiling for real.

"You like the view, don't you?" I slowly walked to the seat and got my feet wet by the small wave that came along. Shells were making shapes on my feet and the wind was blowing my hair.

"I could hate everything in the world or everyone. But never this place. It's my only place to get the peace I want," he catches my eye and smiles. I tried to look away but feels like I'm stuck watching him stare at me like that. I laughed and tacked a piece of my hair behind my ear after they were blown away by the wind. I slowly walked towards the deeper part of the sea and the water reached my chest. It's warm and the sun is burning my skin but I missed this feeling so I don't want to let it go anymore.

Peter remained in his position while watching me and laughing about the way I played with the water. "You should try it, the water is pretty warm," I smiled and pushed the water away to wet him. But he was too far away so my force was not enough. I tried again and still, it wasn't enough.

He laughed and shook his head. Left with no choice, like what I did earlier, he leisurely began to walk toward the water and he got closer to me. I had to back away but I didn't. I let him push the water onto me and laugh.

"Stop it, the water is salty! I don't like it..." he continues laughing and I pushed the water away in the other direction just for fun. To play with it.

"Suspicious how the water is this hot. Maybe someone peed," so, he's really trying to lighten up my overthinking skills? I thought I'm done with that.

"I actually wanted to forget about that idea but now I don't think I can still do it..." he giggled until a few drops of seawater entered his mouth.

I chuckled and crossed my arms under the water, "I heard this is where the staff pee," he rolls his eyes.

"They have a bathroom, you know!"