Chapter 21

I opened the door of my room, then shut it once I am outside. I walked towards Peter's door and knocked; no response. I knocked again, even so, there was no response. The room was almost completely empty when I opened the door. I frowned. Peter's not here. Then where is he?

I walked down the stairs, then to Amber. "Have you seen Peter?" She shook her head as an answer and kept discussing something with a black-haired girl in front of her, which I didn't hear. The wind tickled my face when I let it blow through my hair. I walked towards the gates which were leading to the beach. I ran my eyes around and found a few people sitting on the sand, a little close to the sea.

I cleared my throat, then walked toward the people. There were couples, alone ones, families, groups of friends, and some were swimming. Night swimming. I looked up at the moon; it stood as the only light. But its brightness was just enough for everyone to see each other.

I kept walking around until I saw a guy wearing a black hoodie. The way he sits and the hair on his head is familiar to me. I froze. I leaned closer to check his face. Oh. I am so wrong. He looked up at me and I figured out his face was so far away from Peter. Still cute, but not like my best friend. I faked a smile and walked away. They have the same hairstyle, the same outfit, and the same way Peter sits, I swear. I have mistaken him. At least I did nothing stupid. Like saying something personal, inappropriately joking, or patting the guy.

I continued walking with my slippers wrapped by my palms. I needed to take them off because they sink in on the sands. Finally. I hope I'm not wrong about this guy again. I walked towards another guy in a black hoodie like earlier and with the same hairstyle.

"I've been looking for you," I stated. He partially smiled and then looked up at me.

"For what?" He asked and I gently parked myself beside him while breathing abnormally. I got tired of walking for three minutes and looking for him.

"Nothing. I went to your room and you weren't there. I was just curious." He nodded.

"Did you go through my stuff?" He asked.

"Why would I?" I replied.

"Did you lock the door," I nodded.

"Of course." He looked away.

The light coming from the moon was hitting on us. it was bouncing through our skin. We watched all the small waves that passed by. The howling sound of the wind is like someone saying "uhh" to us. It was very strong. The breeze was cold but it didn't bother me. "Why are you here though?" I think I should stop saying though at the end of my sentences. They're just so inappropriate. I don't know why but they're fillers in my words. It always makes me look like I'm speechless. Even if I'm not.

"Just wanted to relax with the moon, the wind, and the waves." Relax. That's what he deserves. There are only three weeks left until this summer's over. We don't want to waste it by doing things that are not exciting. I know he's thinking of the same thing. "Am I bothering your me-time?" He laughed at my statement and responded, "no. You are actually making it better."

I didn't hear him that clear because of the sound of the wind so I asked, "what?" He shook his head.

"Nothing. I said nothing" but I know there is something that he said. I was just unable to hear it clearly.

I nodded to end the conversation about it. I sighed with my head held high. There are tons of stars above us right now. They're infinite...

I can't count them nor tell their exact population but all I know is that they're a lot. "You like the stars?" I nodded.

"Ever since I was a kid, my mom and dad used to take me to our balcony at night with a telescope. We would stay there for an hour and stare at the stars above us. We would talk about our days, we would take our dinner there, and sometimes we will study the stars and use our telescope. It's our family bonding."

The smile I saw on his face when I first saw him when I walked in here, is still there on his face. As if it's stuck. He learned to smile and hide the truth about what he feels.

"That sounds good..." I was startled when I figured out what he means.

Darn it.

I was so stupid again. I can't take back all those words now that I have already said them!

I know that my words hurt him. He was never treated that way by his parents. Well, he was, but it was just for a few years and those weren't enough. I know that I made him jealous when I told him about my family bonding with my parents. What have I done?!?!?

"Sorry," I whispered.

"What?" He frowned at me while giving me a slight chuckle.

"Sorry," I repeated.

"Sorry for what?" He leaned his head closer to me. Perhaps to hear my words clearer.

"For what I said?" I unsurely responded. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to respond to him properly. In a way that I won't hurt him.

"What did you say?" So he didn't get it, or he's just trying to play dumb?

"Well, about that thing I said..." The longer our conversation becomes, the more I get nervous.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." That's a relief. I awkwardly nodded my head.

My eyes widened automatically when he slowly wrapped his arms around me and I didn't know why.

All I know is that it lessened my nervousness and it made me feel more comfortable. The warmth of his arms wrapped me around. This is everything I could ever wish for.

I looked up at him then I noticed he was already looking at me. "Ready to go swimming?" I was joking. But partially, I kind of meant what I said. I want to go swimming even if it's cold. I feel like it.

"What? Are you kidding me? You're joking, right? Do you know how cold the water right now is?" I gave him an evil smile and stood up.