Chapter 30

Charlie's POV

I'm glad that Peter liked my surprise. It was the last thing I could do to make him happy after what happened to him the other day. That must be hard for me but I know that it was not his first time. I feel like I was a good friend yesterday because I saw in his eyes how much he loved the cottage which I turned into a plane. Of course, I had Amber's permission and as expected, I cleaned it up by myself.

I didn't tell that to Peter because I didn't want him to feel bad that I put a lot of effort to make him happy. Everything takes sacrifices. Even if I had a hard time cleaning the place, I still regret nothing because I know that he was grateful for what I made for him and he's satisfied. That's all I care about. He was able to live his biggest dream which is to be a pilot.

I'm currently laying on my bed with my feet on the blankets, eyes on the ceiling, hands on my belly, and thinking of what Peter is doing. I hope he's feeling just fine. No nightmares, hallucinations, or overthinking stuff again. Those things hit on him really hard and I hope they're keeping their distance from him.

I hate the fact that his own father was the reason for his disorders when he's supposed to be the one comforting him, supporting him in the track of the things he wants to do, his career, and most especially, understanding him. And I don't understand how he can afford to see his son suffer in pain when he hurts him. It's like a demon has got into him or like he's a demon. No, worst than that.

Another thing that I don't understand is why his mom lets his dad do such bad things to him. Instead of bringing him and move to another country and hideaway from that evil guy, she lets him control them like they're not humans. I don't understand why she doesn't fight back, why she doesn't defend her son, and why both of them don't set up any plan to report what his father has been doing to him all these years. Peter always says that it's because no matter what happens, he's still his dad.

But does he have to let him hit him and be the cause of his disorders? I know that he is aware of the reason for his schizophrenia, anxiety, and depression but he's ignoring them. He's too good for other people. He lets them take advantage of him.

I almost jumped off my bed when I heard my phone ringing on the table beside my bed. I looked beside me and grabbed it as I read the name on the screen together with a picture of Chance. Oh, my boyfriend. I hope it's nothing emergency. It's twelve in the morning and I'm scared something bad happened to him again. I hope it's not what I think it is.

"Hey, babe. Why did you call in the middle of the night?" I asked calmly hoping nothing bad happened.

"Nothing. I'm sleepy right now. It's almost dawn and I haven't slept yet. I called you because I want to know how you are doing. Perhaps hearing your voice can help me fall asleep." He knows that my voice can give him sweet dreams. Back when it was in the first few months when we started dating, he used to call me and I would tell him about my day and he will end up falling asleep.

"Okay?" I was unsure but when I heard him chuckle with a sense of sleepiness, I did the same. I bet he's wrapped around with a very thick comforter. He likes thick layers of comforters at night. Weird because he's putting the air conditioner to its coldest breeze and he's avoiding it. "How was your day?"

My day? Since I got here with only Peter by my side, I never had a bad day. It was a straight fine line of good days. To be honest, when I found out that Shane and Britney aren't coming with me, I got sad and thought that this would be the worst summer of my life. But I was wrong. I can confirm that this is the best summer of my life. It's full of laughter, drama, and a few misunderstandings but at least, we're both enjoying our days.

"It was fine." That was all I said despite everything I had in my mind. I didn't want to mention them to him because I don't want him to feel bad that him, as my boyfriend is missing a lot of fun moments with me. "How can it be fine?" Silly old Chance. He likes everything to be detailed.

"Well, earlier, there was a very amazing fire show, I ate a lot of fries, Peter and I swam on the beach, and we met a few new people!" I began staring at my nails. I don't know why but I know that he's my boyfriend and I'm supposed to tell him how I feel but I'm not.

When I'm telling something to Peter, he doesn't need to ask for it because I automatically specify everything that I have to. I tell him whether I feel good about the food or not, my honest opinion about things he asks me for but when it comes to Chance, I don't. I always lie when he asks for my suggestions, and when he asks me how I feel. I don't know why. I love him so much and because of that, I'm scared to hurt him. When he asks me about what his outfit looks like from my perspective, I say that it's fine though I think it isn't.

"That was truly nice." He responded.

"What about you?"

"Here, tired of basketball. School's about to begin again and we're getting ready for the upcoming games."

"Just do what you love."

"Thanks... anyway, I have a gossip for you." There he is, bringing a gossip onto me. He's my partner when it comes to gossiping. We usually talk a lot about people we don't even know. And of course, it's just within the two of us. We keep our gossip to each other.

"Go on."

"Professor Smith has been busted by one of the janitors in our school. He found out that she's stalking him for the longest time!" Uh, oh. I always knew that she likes that guy. It was pretty obvious.