Chapter 29

Peter's POV

The week went well when Charlie did her best to comfort me after my schizophrenia disorder attacked me the other day. I appreciate how hard she tried to make me feel okay. Letting me sleep in her room, visiting me in my room from time to time, spending her days trying to make me laugh when she's supposed to be enjoying the beach, and most of all, always telling me she's proud of how I am able to carry my problems all at once.

I'm not making it obvious and I don't know how to tell her they all mean a lot to me. If I can only put her words in a jar and bring them wherever I am, I would definitely do it. They're worth more than gold. They're the most valuable treasure I have which I will never sell to anyone or in barter for anything. I'm not yet ready to show her how much she means to me because I'm scared that she might lose her comfort when she's with me. So, for now, it's another secret.

I stood from my bed and rushed to the door when I heard several knocks. I already know who it is. I opened it and smiled the moment I saw Charlie standing in front of me with her hair tied into a messy bun and wearing a beige shirt. "Hey," I greeted.

"Come," she turned around, and I watched her walk down the stairs. She looked back and smiled but didn't say a word. I immediately shut the door and of course, locked it. I don't want anyone to check into my room. Even if it's going to be for a safety check. I followed in her footsteps. "Where are we going?"

I heard her slightly giggling. "You'll see." She winked and kept walking.

"Are we going to the beach?" She didn't answer but just kept moving her feet towards the sea. Where are we going? We're obviously close to the beach but why isn't she telling me yet? And there, we passed by the gate. So, what does she want to do?

People were walking around us but I chose not to look at anyone. I don't know. maybe because I don't want any of them to notice me. "Hey," I called again but she's really acting like I don't exist. What's up with her at the moment?

I'm also getting tired of walking. My feet are soaking in the sand and my slippers are kind of getting off my feet. Oh, finally. I thought she would never stop.

She froze in front of a cottage. I frowned and...

Holy molly.

Ummm, what is this?

She held her head high and smiled in front of it while I watched her. Her hands were on her waist while I frowned. What is this? Looks good but it's a little unfamiliar. Yeah, it's a cottage but what are the things inside it? I don't know.

"What's all this?" I walked towards it and observed. Monitors, plane steering wheel, plane-like seats, and plane windows? Is this a plane model? But on a beach? What am I supposed to do with this?

"I know what your biggest dream is: to be a pilot, right? For once in your life, I want to let you experience how it feels like to do something you love and decide for yourself. I want you to live your dreams and be happy." She gracefully smiled.

Live my dreams and be happy- six simple words that made my heart flutter. I never thought in my life that someone would let me achieve my biggest dream. Like what my best friend is doing now. I want to cry in joy but I don't want to ruin the moment. Because I can tell in her eyes how happy she is for me. "Enjoy the ride, Captain Rivera." She smiled and turned around, and began walking away.

"Wait!" She stopped to face me with her messy hair being blown by the strong wind. I ran my fingers through my hair and walked closer to her. "Maybe I can use an assistant," I smirked.

"S-sure!" She immediately ran to the cottage and sat on one of the seats. "Come on! Let's do this, Captain! Time to set the best flight ever!" She yelled. Her voice is small but sounds good even when she's a bit far. I ran to her and then took my seat as I held my hands on the fake yoke. I don't know what is it that she did to make it look this realistic. I wonder how many days it took her to create this awesome plane. I still can't believe she did this for me as no one else did before.

We were laughing together, enjoying the moment, having fun, throwing our problems away, and letting the wind take them. I used the fake yoke to fly high, sore high, which I've never done before. Little did I know that the person I'm not that comfortable with who tried to make her way to me could make me the happiest I've ever been.

And I admit it, I never expected her to do a thing like this to me. Not anyone. But she just did it. What can I say? It's making me think that it's only her who can send happiness so much into my brain.

Time froze when we were together as I watched the birds fly, the trees dance, and Charlie as she was giggling while making a funny sound. It's like I've never known that this could happen to me.

I stopped moving the things in front of me and she stopped making sounds. I looked at her and then figured out in the first place, that she was already looking at me. "Thank you so much for doing a thing like this to me. It means a lot, to be honest." I sighed in relief. I thought I can never be happy again, I thought I can never smile for real ever again, I thought I'm stuck in hell until she came along like the sun who was alone but shined onto me and shared her light with me.

She brought me happiness, made me laugh, made me smile, and most of all, made me feel I'm worthy. I owe my happy memories to Charlie Brahms: the girl who came to make me feel like a man.