Chapter 11

Last night, I wasn't able to sleep. Actually, I was. But, I would sleep for a minute, then wake up. When I can close my eyes and shut my brain, then hear a small noise like a howling owl, I'll be awakened again. Thus, from time to time, I check on Peter to check if he's sleeping well or not having any nightmares.

I watched as he slowly yawns and bends his body, then opens his eyes. With my head still on my pillow and wrapped around by my thick blankets, he sits down and smiles at me. His blonde hair is very messy and his eyes are barely open, like sunlight is dropping on them. This means that he had a good sleep.

He sits properly on his foam and leans his back on the wall. Just like yesterday. "How was your sleep?"

"It was nice," he explained. "I thought I won't be able to sleep, but thanks because you let me sleep in here with you. I didn't have any nightmares. Just sweet dreams that I know can't happen in real life."

I wonder what those sweet dreams are. Can't happen in real life? Must be fantasies that include superpowers. But those are too childish. "What about you?" His AirPods and music helped me a lot. Only at first. It played over and over but Taylor's scream in the bridge: 🎵 and you called me up again just to break me like a promise🎵 that part woke me up.

I was able to sleep but after a minute, I couldn't try to do it again. "Just fine." I didn't want him to worry about me so I decided to keep it a secret; that I couldn't sleep well.

"It's quite early," he stated after looking at his phone. Then looked at me. "Did you enjoy the music?" He gracefully asked. Shouldn't have put it in full volume.

"Yeah, it actually was the reason why I slept well," he also lies to me sometimes and it's for his own good. Right now, I'm also lying because it's for my own good. Just to be fair, we lie to each other whenever we need to. "Nice," he looked through the window. But not like how he did last night. Now, he looks like he's just checking if it's morning already.

He pressed his lips together then I sat properly. There he went; like a man, climbed up to my bed and sat beside me. Our heads were leaned on the wall and close to each other. "Want to watch the sunrise?"

"Maybe later, I'm still half asleep," he chuckles.

"But the sunrise won't be there forever." He looked at me but I kept my eyes off him. When I lock my eyes on him, I get shivers. But I don't want to get them. Not now. "Fine." He chuckled again then I stood from my seat. Through the huge mirror, I observed myself. It's too early. There won't be many people around so maybe it's okay if I would go out there in my pajamas.

He went beside me and fixed his messy blonde hair. I could really use a height vitamin. I squatted up to reach his head and help him fix his hair. It still smells like a cold masculine shampoo. "Thanks," he whispered and made a thumbs-up hand sign. I smiled and backed away. I walked towards the door and he opened it for me. He's the one who knows how to open all those locks. For the past four nights, I sleep here, I never use those. Because I know I'm safe here and no one would walk up to me then kill me. This resort has a pretty nice strict security which keeps the criminals away.

And I also heard that there are police staying here in a few rooms. So I'm really safe. I can't blame Peter if he's always that paranoid. It's not his fault. And clearly, he didn't want it to happen. He's one of the billion people who are poor enough to experience the tough side of life.

We walked together in silence until we reached the wooden gate which was the entrance to the beach. A few pebbles were getting in on my slippers and sands were tickling my toes. "Nice," he murmured.

I sighed and followed him. He walked slowly until he froze and gently sat down on the white sand which got cold through the chilly night. I parked myself beside him and began staring at the view. Calm blue sea, trees slightly dancing through the light wind, and sun rising from the far mountains.

"Britney and Shane are missing something," I giggled at his words. Same thing I thought about a few days ago.

"It's a big thing you know..." we both chuckled and watched as the sun rose slowly.

Like the sun, I know it's just not now, but soon, Peter would be able to rise, shine, and be able to run away from all the crap of his life in other words: be able to escape from his dad. "If I were to be married then I would choose this place." He takes a deep breath in and lets it out deliberately.

I wanted to say she deserves you but instead, I said: "She deserves it." Because I thought it was the right thing to say. "This place is already like paradise," I said and he nodded in agreement but didn't say a word about it.

"Quick question, do you prefer beach weddings or casual ones?" He asked. Why is he even asking me that? We're in the first phase of the '20s and we're still in senior high school. Perhaps for the future.

"I'm really too young to think about those things but I love beach weddings." I pointed my eyes at him as he kept watching the small and light waves of the deep blue sea while it brought a few pebbles and shells into the sands. "Me too," he gently rubbed his hair and smiled. The wind blew us away like it was telling us "enjoy this day."