Chapter 13

The car stopped in front of an immense building with a sign on top of it saying "France National Hospital" I hurried to get out and shut the door and Peter stayed inside. "I'll just be waiting here," he smiled, and I nodded as my feet rushed to the entrance. A girl in a white uniform had her eyes on me while I realized she was the one I should ask for Chance's room.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"Chance Dulayev's room, please,"

"Room 22"

I looked around and saw numbers attached to each door that I passed by.

17, 18, 19, 20, 21. There you go! 22. I knocked on the door, but then figured out it was unlocked. Darn it. I forgot rooms here don't have locks. It creaked when I opened it but I almost didn't hear the sound because lots of people were murmuring and talking to each other in the background.

As I entered, I found Chance with his half-naked body lying on a bed with a blanket wrapped around his body. While they attached a few strings to his chest. Which I don't know why are there. But as far as I can recognize, they're for his safety.

Tristan was sitting on a chair beside the window while flowers were on a table beside the bed where Chance was lying. When I closed the door, Chance slowly sat from his bed and smiled when he saw me. "Charlie! You're here," I smiled and walked towards him then halfway parked myself beside him.

"Hey!" I greeted back then rested my arms on top of my lap. "What happened?" He sighed and at the same time let out a small chuckle. He can afford to chuckle after his asthma attacked him. I wonder why men are always like this. Even Peter, my dad, and my other male friends can smile at times when they feel pain. Or maybe they're just good at hiding their emotions.

"Last night I was practicing with my friends. I think I got too tired again so, here I am..." he chuckled again. I can't even afford to smile when I get myself embarrassed in front of a huge crowd but with his situation, he acts as if nothing happened.

"Told you to be more careful. You should have brought your inhaler with you!" I scolded him.

Then he rose his hands up in defense saying, "I tried to. But when I was packing my stuff I left it at home. And I didn't try to get it back because it has been a long time since my asthma last attacked me. I thought I recovered from it already." What a foolish alibi. I rolled my eyes.

He cleared his throat and we both looked at Tristan. He's trying to get some gossip again and use it against us when he's picking on us. Teasing us because he's jealous for he's single. "Mind if you get out?" He rose his eyebrows and Tristan awkwardly stood up as he got out.

I let out a silent laugh and watched him shut the door. But after a second, I held my eyes back on my boyfriend. "Are you okay?" I asked then he nodded. Of course, he would lie about what he's feeling. He always does that thing saying he doesn't want me to worry about him. I remember when he broke his arm. It happened last summer and he just told me about it when his arms were already okay. He said he wanted me to stay calm. He had a point though.

"Why didn't you tell me last night?"

"Well, I couldn't. The doctors told me to stay away from my phone."

"Tristan is the one who called me today, why didn't you come up with that idea last night?"

"Umm... well... I... umm..." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on!" I crossed my arms.

"I didn't want you to worry about me!"

"That's what you always say."

"Because it's always true." I couldn't help but just sigh in relief. This is the other side of having a caring boyfriend. Won't let you know about bad things that happen to him because he doesn't want you to worry. "Whatever," I smiled.

I looked at his eyes; the reason why I fell in love with him. When I first saw him, that was at a basketball game, we made eye contact. That was when his brown-honey eyes met mine. And I was lost with how he looked at me. Every time I look at his eyes, it still feels like December. The month when I met him. I always feel like I look at him for the first time.

"How's Mancheston beach?" He pointed the topic to something else. I bet he doesn't want me to scold him again.

"Just fine," he frowned.

"Just fine? You always say that it's perfect. Why is it just fine now?" At least I didn't say it's bad.

"Well, it's only me and Peter doing the group tradition. Shane and Britney are minding their own businesses." He chuckles a bit and wipes his sweating forehead.

"Does that mean you and him sleep in one room?" His jealous mode is now turned on.

I shook my head, "no! Definitely not." I didn't want him to be more jealous so I didn't tell him that I and Peter slept together last night. Thus, there's nothing to worry about it. It was meaningless. Except for the reason that I wanted to comfort him.

He nodded. "Thanks for coming, babe." I leaned forward as my body crashed on his and my head fell on his shoulder. He groaned and I rubbed his wide sweaty back. I missed hugging him like this. He gently rubbed my back and I felt his lips brushing my head. "Get well soon." I sweetly stated and hugged him harder. In two years of our relationship, we never kissed or did something that most couples do that is supposed to not be mentioned. It's because we both agreed to do it after marriage. Which is if it's still us until the end.