Chapter 34

This is a new day for me. This is a new day to forget about everything that happened last night. I want to get off my head how I cried, thinking Peter only said he loves me because he was drunk. Time to act like I heard nothing from him and as if I wasn't sad that he only sees Britney in me, not the real me.

I should stop thinking that I could never get a chance at him. That's pretty right though; I can really never get fortuitous on him, but I should stop thinking about it since I have Chance, who loves me so much. I walked through the door, shut it, and walked towards his room with the sunlight bouncing on my skin, but it is not burning me.

Without even knocking or calling for him, I immediately opened the unlocked door. It makes me overthink again because the last time that his door was unlocked was when his schizophrenia attacked him. I hope it's not what I think it is. While holding a thick smile on my face, I pushed it. I knew it.

I should have knocked first. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry, I didn't know it..." I quickly turned around. He was half-naked with only a towel wrapped around his waist and there was water dripping from his damp hair. I bet he just finished taking a shower. Why didn't I knock first? Oh, because I was so excited to forget about what he said last night and hear the confirmation from him that he didn't mean all those. Speaking of last night...

I froze when I realized the reason why his door is unlocked. I was the last person who left and I forgot to lock it. When he fell asleep, I left and shut the door very silently and didn't even think of locking it. I forgot how strict he is when it comes to them. "Not your fault," he said in a rush as I felt the movements he did in my back. I sensed how hard he tried to move as fast as he could and wore the clothes closest to him. But I want to turn around and watch him. I want to see his gorgeous body. Darn it!!!

Charlie Brahms, what the heck was that? Are you having wild thoughts about your best friend? Here's my subconscious trash-talking me again when she's supposed to team up with me. "Ready," he spoke. Calmly, I turned around and found him all cleaned up. That was quick. I wonder how trained he is when it comes to moving fast. I just remembered he's a basketball player who's used to moving fast.

The plain white shirt even if it's designed less, looks good on him together with that gray ripped jeans that look expensive on his thighs. He sat down on his almost-perfect cleaned bed. I forgot to clean my bed. Maybe later. I just really want to talk to him urgently.

"Have you taken your breakfast?"

"Not yet." While rubbing my lap, I sat next to him. I haven't even fixed my bed and he's already looking so fresh after taking a bath.

"We should eat now, it's a little late." He looked at the watch on his wrist and then at me.

"What time is it?"

"8:12 AM"

"Nah. It's too early." He nodded.

"So, what brings you here?"

"Nothing. Just want to hang out."

"Okay?"

"By the way, how's your head? You're sober now, aren't you? Don't you have a hangover anymore?" For no reason, I was laughing a bit and there was nothing funny.

"Well, my head's pretty fine and yeah, I'm sober now. I guess my hangover just passed by."

"That's nice. Luckily, I didn't drink a lot last night."

"Yeah, you were lucky. My head hurts earlier when I was in the bathroom but now it's gone."

"Are you feeling well?" He nodded.

I'm not officially speechless. I want to ask him if he was conscious last night when he told me he loves me but I don't know how and I don't know how to start. "Umm, Charlie..." He called causing me to hold my eyes on his blue ones.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Umm... you know I was drunk last night, right?"

"Uh-huh."

"I was thinking earlier in the bathroom; did I do anything stupid or say anything stupid?" He asked me before I asked him, great. The world is really working my way today.

I wanted to tell him that yes, he did and he hurt me. But I don't want him to know that his fake I love you gave my heart a few wounds. Maybe it's just for me to hide. I should tell him that he accidentally confessed to me how he sees Britney's reflection on me but no, I don't want to.

"Nothing bad, you said nothing bad."

"Oh! I was so scared and worried that I hurt your feelings with whatever I said. At least I didn't. Look, if there was something I said like if I cussed on you or I made you feel bad and cursed you, please forgive me because I didn't mean any of those. Whatever I did or whatever I said, please believe I was drunk so I'm really sorry." I was right. I don't regret that I didn't tell him back how much I like him.

Because as I expected, in the morning he would say that he didn't mean any of what he said like what he just did. It hurts me but since I was prepared, the pain is not that painful anymore and the weight I'm supposed to carry is not that heavy to any further extent. "What? No! You didn't say or do anything stupid so don't be sorry. Everything went well last night you know... like when you confessed that you once dropped the soap in your house into the toilet and you accidentally switched your professor's paper to one of your classmate's papers." I faked my laughter.

Lie. Lie. Lie. Lie.

All of those were lies.

Maybe I can be a writer now that I created fake stories. He didn't say any of what I told him he did.

"That's such a relief." He took a heavy breath in and exhale. I wish he knows how much I feel bad for myself that I was the reason he was drunk and showed a fake love sign to me and I ended up crying about it though I know I'm to blame for it.