Vol 3 Ch 10: Aftermath

Hirano pov:-

I felt a light slap on my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes to see a man staring down at me.

"...Ayanokōji?"

"I hadn't expected you to be here. But it seems you managed to put up a fight against Ryuuen."

I looked over my shoulder. Karuizawa was gone. And everyone in Class B had collapsed.

"So this is the mastermind of Class D? Your amazing Ayanokouji-kun." I spoke in a defeated and exhausted voice. There was no point in picking a fight with him. I can't imagine myself beating him.

"Hmm? So you knew about me being the mastermind?"

I smiled towards him. "I made a guess. A gut feeling infact. But it was always useless without any evidence."

"You seemed to have given up. I can tell by those eyes."

"Hehe. It's not that I gave up. It's that I managed to release a lot of anger that I held back. Now I just feel relaxed." I looked into his eyes. "What about you? Do you feel better after kicking Ryueen's ass?"

"I feel nothing in particular." He responded.

"I see. A man that can fight without feeling any emotions? Truly terrifying."

Ayanokouji walked away from me without saying anything else and woke up the others.

I took this as a chance to finally get up from the hard ground and onto my own two feet.

"Finally awake, are we?"

"Do you think...this settles things, Ayanokouji?"

"It's over. Surely you're not going to say you want to keep going, are you?"

No matter who looks at it, it's clear this fight's been settled.

"I'll use any means I have to if it's for the sake of victory." Saying that, Ryuuen slowly raised his upper body. "If necessary, even war."

"Are you going to report that I pummeled you?"

"...kuku. Now that'd be lame. But, that's an option if it's for the sake of winning. While I'm at it, I could even forcibly set it up to make it look like you set the trap."

"For the record, this is just my advice but I wouldn't recommend doing that.
Beneath us, the former student council president is waiting. Even if he doesn't know the details, the fact that a problem did occur would be immediately revealed. And the fact that Ryuuen is the one who set the trap has been made clear from the moment the surveillance camera got destroyed. On the other hand, I was in Keyaki Mall around that period. If necessary, I can come up with as many alibis as needed."

I was surprised to know that Horikita senpai was present aswell. But why did he wait? If he knew about the fight then shouldn't he have come here. Unless Ayanokouji-kun told Horikita senpai to wait for him. For Horikita senpai to listen to someone and not interrupting such a big event.... Don't tell me...

"...even though you could've had a third party act as witness from the start, you didn't?"

"Because you wouldn't stop attacking me unless I pummel you once."

"You think I'll accept this defeat?"

"At the very least, I think you will. There's only one reason behind your
defeat, Ryuuen. You messed up the order of conquest. That's all. If you'd
first faced off against Ichinose's class then had the experience of fighting
against Sakayanagi, perhaps you might've been closer to my level when you fought me. You got too curious and overextended."