Chapter 3: Kidnapped

I wake up blindfolded with my limbs tied together. I'm pretty sure I'm in a car based on the noise and the slight rumbling. I just wait there for a few minutes, eventually falling asleep.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

I wake up a second time, this time without the blindfold and ropes, in a big old room. I'm pretty sure the place has been abandoned. I look around and see Elena on a couch. And I got the floor? Rude.

I go up to her and tap her on the shoulder and she stirs, waking up. She looks around and looks at me in confusion. I untie her ropes and she stretches.

A man vamp-speeds to her and sits next to her. "What do you want," Elena asks. I can tell she's scared by the way her heartbeat sped up. "Please I'm hurt," she tries again.

"I know," he responds, "just a taste."

I throw him off her at the same time a woman comes into the room and tells him to control himself. He calls her a buzzkill and leaves.

"What do you want with me," Elena repeats to the woman.

"Oh my god, you look just like her," she says in her accent. If the situation was different, I'd totally flirt with her, but I think it would be a bit inappropriate now.

"But I'm not," Elena responds.

"Be quiet," the woman tells Elena.

Elena gets off the couch, ignoring the woman's demand. I look back to the empty couch. Score, I think, flopping on the couch and staring at the ceiling.

After ignoring the woman's demand twice, the woman slaps Elena in the face, knocking her out temporarily. I look at Elena on the floor. She was asking for it. And now you know what it's like to be the one on the floor.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

When Elena starts to stir, I stand up and crouch down beside her, putting my finger to her mouth. She nods. She walks out quietly and I try to stop her but can't because I'm trying to be quiet. I mentally sigh and listen to their conversation with my vampire hearing.

I hear them talking about how they're always running and are tired of it. They also mention something about some dude named Elijah. I know that's the name of one of the original vampires, but the odds of it being that Elijah are slim to none. He might not even exist!

I hear Elena step on a creaky board and mentally curse the old house and her decisions. The woman tells Elena that she can't escape and I roll my eyes. Obviously, I've looked.

"Who's Elijah," Elena asks.

"Your worst nightmare," she responds.

Elena walks back into the room, pacing back and forth. I roll my eyes and go back to the couch, staring at the ceiling... again.

When she walks away, I follow her into another room, flopping on the couch in there. She asks about the motives and I ignore it until the woman answers a question of Elena's about who Elijah is. "He's one of the vampires, the Originals."

Hm, so he is that Elijah. I raise my eyebrows while thinking about my correct guess.

I tune back in to hear the woman saying she knows of Damon and Stefan. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion but don't think too much about it.

Apparently Elena is being used as an offer in return for their freedom from this Elijah guy, but I already knew that. They literally said it before.

"Why me," Elena asks.

"Because you're a Petrova doppelgänger. You're the key to breaking the curse," she explains.

They establish that the curse being talked about is the Sun and the Moon curse. I just roll my eyes. I get that I was with her but seriously, why do I have to be here, bored all day?