Chapter 5: So it's true, he wasn't dead

I've been spending the majority of the last day and a half reading and watching movies

I've been spending the majority of the last day and a half reading and watching movies. I've gotten texts about updates on the supernatural stuff but they were all pretty vague. I'm startled by the ring of my phone. I answer without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Elena. I know we aren't super close but could you come over? Bonnie and Damon locked me in the house and I'm bored as shit. We can make dinner and I can fill you in on everything."

"Sure. I'll be there in 15."

I hang up and grab my bag then drive to the Gilbert home. I knock and Elena opens the door, inviting me in.

"Why did Damon and Bonnie lock you in here?"

"Because I don't want them to get killed and have myself just sit around while they attempt to save me while I'm trying to save them."

"I'll punch Damon for locking you in here," I say nonchalantly. "Anyways, what are we making for dinner?"

Elena shrugs, "I don't know, I was thinking chicken parmesan and roasted broccoli?"

"Sounds good to me." Elena gets out the ingredients and I get out the pan, bowls, cutting board, and knife. "So what's been going on? I've been getting texts from Damon but he doesn't give enough context for me to understand."

"Well," she starts, "Rose and I went on a trip to see Slater, but apparently he died. Slater is the guy who got in contact with Elijah originally for Rose and Trevor. So we got there and tried to contact a contact of Klaus' that Slater had found to tell him that I wanted to sacrifice myself. Rose didn't know, so when she found out, she called Damon. Then Klaus' contacts came to get me, but they were stopped by Elijah who apparently isn't dead and rips out people's hearts for fun. Back to the tomb drama, Katherine is locked in the tomb, as you know, and she has the moonstone. Katherine took Jeremy when he tried to get the moonstone on his own and she drank from his neck. Eventually, Stefan ran in to save Jeremy, ultimately ending up with him stuck in the tomb with Katherine. Luckily we got the moonstone though. Caroline is also helping Tyler with his first transition."

"I missed all of that and nobody thought to talk to me? One of my friends is trapped in a tomb with a manipulative bitch ass vampire, they locked you in your home, and Caroline could be killed by one of her friends?"

"I don't know, I thought Damon would've told you," she defends.

"Yeah well we didn't get much time for talking because when he was home for more than a minute, I walked in on him and Rose doing the dirty in the living room." I make a disgusted face thinking about it. Elena makes the same face. "Also, I actually think ripping their hearts out is much better than a lot of other deaths that are slow and torturing."

We continue talking moving onto more regular girl talk conversation topics. When dinner is ready, we call Jeremy and Jenna down. Jenna is so sweet and welcoming. She's just nice to be around.