Chapter 16: Klaus

I'm sitting at the bar in the grill, waiting for Damon. On cue, he walks through the doors and up to me. He sighs and slumps on a stool next to me.

"Stop sulking, stupid. It's not gonna help," I say.

"I'm personally enjoying my sulking," he responds.

"Okay then, I'm gonna go to a table. When you're done being grumpy or want to talk, I'm here." He nods and I walk over to a booth.

I grab my sketch book and start working on some designs. Only two minutes later, someone walks up to me. I look up to see Colby, the guy from last night. He seems genuinely nice.

"Hey," I greet. "Wanna sit?" I ask, motioning to the seat across from me.

He nods and slides into the booth. "What are you working on?"

I turn my sketch book around to face him quickly. "Just some sketches, starting places for what will be the finished product."

"Cool, what else are you interested in?" He asks kindly.

"Well, I like reading and writing, as well as art or really anything creative," I respond.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

30 minutes later, Colby has to leave and I bid him goodbye.

I get up and walk over to Damon, placing my bag on the wall below the dart board. "Care for some competition?" I ask him.

He agrees and continues to talk to Elena as we play.

"What is my most attractive look?" Damon flirts.

"Uh-uh," Elena protests. "I'm not saying that you have any attractive look. I'm just saying that this is my least favorite one."

"Noted," Damon says. "I'll see if I can make any improvements."

"Doubtful," I scoff, throwing my last dart at the board, winning the game.

Before I can do a victory dance, I'm interrupted, "Don't mind me." Ugh. Klaus.

"Klaus," Elena gasps.

"You going to do this in the grill, in front of everyone?" Damon asks. "It's a little beneath you, don't you think?"

Klaus walks closer. "I don't know what you're talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate. Get a round, then, would you, Tony?" He asks a guy behind him.

"I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour," Damon retorts.

"My sister seems to be missing," he explains. "Need to sort that out."

"Cute, blonde bombshell? Psycho?" Damon asks. "Shouldn't be that hard to find."

"Truth is," Klaus starts, "I've grown to rather like your little town. Thinking I might fancy a home here. I imagine you're wondering if this affects you. The answer is not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want, and everyone behaves themselves, you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word," he patronizes.

"What more could you possibly want?" Elena asks.

"Well, for starters, you can tell me where I might find Stefan," Klaus grabs her shoulder and looks at her intimidatingly.

"Stefan skipped town the second he helped save your ass," Damon snaps.

"Well, you see that is a shame." He throws a dart at the board but I catch it and smirk at him.

"Might you tell us what is so important?" I ask, walking over to him.

"Stefan stole from me. I need him found so I can take back what's mine." He says turning to Damon.