Chapter 27: Davina the Teenage Witch

"Beks! Klaus," I call the siblings down to one of the sitting rooms.

"Penny! Are you okay?" Bekah asks worriedly while vamp-speeding into the room.

"Yeah, is Klaus here? I just need to talk to you two," I explain.

She sighs, "Yeah, he's here. Should be down any-"

"Someone called?" Klaus asks, suddenly in the room.

"Yes. Can you two take a seat?" I ask politely. They comply, Bekah sits in a chair and Niklaus sits on one of the sofas. I take a seat on the sofa opposite Klaus. Breathing in deeply, I start, "Klaus, you may not like what I'm going to say. Rebekah, I don't think you'll have too much of an opinion." They furrow their eyebrows but motion for me to continue. "In the 1920s and '30s, I was staying here for a good amount of time. During that time, I met Marcel an-"

Klaus cuts me off, looking very angry. "Did he hurt you?" He roars.

"No, we became friends. Now, I visited him this morning." I can see that Klaus is about to cut in again, so I spoke quickly, "Snuck out, I know: 'don't ever do it again.' Anyways, I told him that I am not taking sides, this is a fight between your family and Marcel. I also told him about the baby, and he said he would try to help find someone to unlink Sophie and I. He also said that he would make sure his vamps knew not to hurt me because I was his friend. He promised not to tell anyone about the baby-"

I'm once again interrupted by Niklaus, "WHAT? You didn't even talk to me before? And you aren't going to support the father of your child? I can find a witch to unlink you and Sophie on my own." He's throwing a tantrum and raising his voice.

I sigh as he leaves and call after him. "When you can sit down and talk with me like a mature adult, I'm here. Until then, I think we'll have enough tantrums of the child's to deal with, I shouldn't have to deal with yours too." I huff and hear the front door slam. He needs to blow off some steam. I just hope he doesn't go try to rip out Marcel's throat.

Bekah gets up and sits down next to me on the lounge. "Are you okay?" She asks softly. "Do you feel up to explaining the rest to me? Also, ignore Nik's childish behavior." She places her hand on my back and rubs small circles on my shoulder blade with her thumb.

I nod and send her a small smile. Leaning on her shoulder, I explain the rest, "It's a good thing. No matter if Niklaus wants to be 'King', Marcel is currently the leader. I could potentially get Elijah back and I can, as much as possible, have the baby protected. I don't have to worry about Marcel's vamps going after me unless one goes rogue. I trust Marcel. I've been friends with him for just under a hundred years. Please trust me on this one. Also, I know you are only really here to make sure Elijah's alright, but I do enjoy your company," I say quietly.

"I was actually thinking about staying. I want to be here for you, my niece, and my family. You make me feel content and calm when you're around, and I don't think Mystic Falls is turning out to be the place for me." She pauses for a few seconds. "I trust you on this. It's good that you don't have to worry about Marcel and his vamps, it makes me feel better about you being here."

We sit in silence for a bit, her hand now on my lower back, and mine tracing random patterns on her thigh. I can tell that she has something on her mind, so I ask her what it is.

"I'm gonna sound like a bitch," she mutters before continuing. "Did you and Marcel ever... you know..." She asks, implications clear.

"No," I say quickly with a laugh. "I've um... I've actually never..." I trail off and look up at her.

She looks confused for a second before raising her eyebrows and widening her eyes in shock. "You've never slept with anyone? In basically 200 years you have never..." I nod. "How? Did you just kiss a lot or something?"