Chapter 30: Davina's Free

I sneak out of the house in the middle of the night and speed to the church. Davina opens the door and allows me in. "I can't fucking deal with this shit anymore! I wake up in the middle of the night and yet again the siblings are fighting. I get that they have things they are going through, but I can't fucking tell where they stand with each other. I'm also worried about you and my baby. Everything just hit me at once and now I feel like I'm about to explode," I cry.

Davina brings me into a hug. "I'm sorry, Pen. You don't deserve this." This only causes me to break down more. Being a vampire, my emotions are heightened. Add being pregnant on top of that, it is not pleasant.

When I calm down, I am sitting with Davina in front of me, holding my hands. "I'm sorry. I just had things bottled up and finally broke. All of the problems aren't that serious, but all at once it's overwhelming."

"I understand that, Pen," Davina consoles. "If you ever need to rant, I'm here."

"Thank you, Vee. On a happier note," I begin, wiping the tears from my eyes, "Alexandra is coming today!"

Davina squeals, "I know. I'll never be able to thank you and Kol enough."

"Speaking of spells, do you think you may be able to do the unlinking one?" I ask Davina.

She nods, "Yes! I'll do that after the spell today."

I nod then look down at what I'm wearing: my pajamas. "It's almost 7:00 so I am going to go back and change into presentable clothes. I'll see you in a half hour?"

Davina agrees and I speed out. When I arrive at the mansion, I shower, style my hair in two pigtail braids, and change into a t-shirt, blue flare jeans, a green plaid jacket, and brown converse.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

"Alexandra," I hold out my hand for her to shake as she approaches Davina and I.

Alexandra takes my hand, "Aspen. Davina. Shall we get started?"

We agree and Davina lays down and has one candle in each hand. Each have carvings in the wax, representing her magic for one and the ancestors on the other.  The wicks of the candles are long and entwined over Davina's body. Alexandra lights the interlaced wicks before beginning to chant. "Natura hunc famulum a avitis vinculis immunem, magicam retinentem, permittit, rolvata ex nexibus majorum qui defecerunt. Natura hunc famulum a avitis vinculis immunem, magicam retinentem, permittit, rolvata ex nexibus majorum qui defecerunt."

Alexandra continues to chorus these words until both wicks have completely separated. Davina's body is encased in a white glow before it disappears, taking the candles with it. The teenage witch's eyes snap open and she sits up slowly. I slowly approach her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm a little sore, but overall, I'm alright," She responds.

"Well let's get you back to your room," I pick her up bridal style. "Thank you, Alexandra. I am forever grateful." Nodding my head to the elder witch, I speed off with Davina.

I arrive at the attic door and let myself in. Walking over to the young witch's bed, I lay her down softly and pull the blankets over her, tucking her in.

Spotting a pad of sticky notes, I quickly write her a message and stick it on her nightstand. Smiling at the young girl I've come to love as a younger sister, I leave and go to Rousseau's to get us some food.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

"Hey Cams," I greet the waitress. Marcel introduced me to her a few days ago.

"Hey Aspen! What can I get for you?"

"Two hot chocolates, a serving of gumbo, and a burger to go." The blonde nods then walks away.

Sighing, I hop onto one of the bar stools and tap my fingers on the bar top. Cami hands me a bag with my food and the two cups with hot chocolate. Damon calls me on my way back to the church.

"Hey dumb bitch," I greet.

"Hey asshole," he responds.

I groan. "Did you call for any particular reason?"

"Actually..." I hear Elena talking in the distance. "I've gotta go, Penny. I'll call you back." He disconnects.

I speed the rest of the way to the church. As I enter Davina's room, I notice her stirring awake.

"Hey sleeping beauty," I speak softly, placing our order on her side table. "I got you gumbo and hot chocolate."

She slowly sits up, rubbing her eyes and I hand her the hot chocolate. "Thanks."

I nod. I see her wrap her hands around the lukewarm chocolate drink. Davina closes her eyes and I notice an almost invisible light coming from her hands. When she opens her eyes, she says, "My magic still works, I just heated up my drink."

I smile at her enthusiasm and hug her. "Movie night?" I propose.

She gets up quickly and grabs the laptop I had gotten her. "Movie ideas? I haven't seen many," she seems slightly upset, but that look is quickly wiped from her face when I reply.

"How about Princess Diaries?"

A/N: I have two other books I am working on in addition to these.