Chapter 31: Eh, It Was A Pretty Nice Di-

I wake up in the attic the next morning next to Davina. Getting out of bed quietly, I pick up my phone and check my messages. There are over ten missed calls from Rebekah and Klaus each. I ignore the notifications and open Marcel's contact.

———
Marcey 🎀

I'm coming over, you up?

Yeah, why are you coming over though?
Not that I don't like your company...
Pls don't kick my ass. 🥺

Never use that emoji ever again
Then you might not get your ass kicked.

Understood.

———

With the confirmation, I grab a change of clothes I keep in Davina's room. I pull on the graphic tank, green pants, a brown leather jacket, converse, and my silver jewelry. I speed to the compound.

"Knock knock!"

"Knock knock!"

"Who's there?" Marcel yells back.

"A bad bitch," I reply, walking up to hug him.

I sigh, pulling back from his embrace. "I've come to convince you to allow Dee and I to go to the music festival tonight. I promise I won't leave her side."

"She's in danger, Penny. I don't know about letting her out in public with the witches around," he hesitates.

I wrap my arms around his neck. "I won't leave her side and you can have your guys keep an eye out."

He closes his eyes and furrows his brows in reluctance. "I guess... but it's on you if something happens."

I salute him, "Sir yes sir!"

He chuckles and I jump up and down, bursting with excitement. Kissing him on the cheek as a farewell, I leave the compound and go back to the church attic.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

Davina wakes up around 10:30 A.M. She is now eating the breakfast sandwich I got for her when I stopped by Rousseau's on my way back from the compound. "So I convinced Marcel to allow you to go to the festival with me tonight..." I bring up casually.

She whips her head to face me. "What?" Davina asks with a mouthful of food.

"You need to get out, have fun, and walk around a bit. We'll pick out outfits later, but what's the plan for today? I'm spending it with you." I notify her energetically.

She squeals, "Thank you! Thank you!" Calming down, she opens a notebook and responds. "What about unlinking and bringing Kol back?"

"Why the heck not. What do I need to get? You already have the knot and spells. What about the spell for Kol?" I ask, intrigued.