Chapter 22: The Forest Animals Fight Back!

A lot has happened over the past few weeks. Alaric is dead-dead, Elena is a vampire, and Klaus has been M.I.A. Honestly, I'm not okay. With Elena being a vampire, all Stefan and Damon do is fight. Yeah, they're never always gonna get along, but it's tiring to hear the same argument over and over again about blood. Damon barely takes time to talk to me. I know I sound selfish, but I need my best friend. Rebekah texts but is also awol, Care has been busy with Tyler and I'm happy for her, but I miss her, and Bonnie has been really busy.

"Wake up demon," I yell in his face. I jump onto the bed and hug him tightly. "You promised this weekend would be for us to hang out," I remind him quietly.

He rolls over to face me and kisses my forehead. "Of course. What's the plan?"

"It's a surprise," I say.

"Ugh," he groans, "fine but what occasion should I dress for?"

Excitedly I tell him, "Normal, t-shirt, jeans, jacket."

With that, he gets up and I speed to my room to get ready. Grabbing my outfit, I put on the beige denim shorts, the grey tank top, and the brown sweater. I throw my long wavy brunette hair into a messy high ponytail, put on about ten silver rings, put on my necklaces I picked out, and put on my book-stack earrings. After getting ready, I rush downstairs and slip on my black converse and grab my messenger bag.

"Ready?" Damon asks, walking up behind me in the front hall

"Yup, in the car," I direct him.

We walk out and Damon gets in the passenger seat while I get in the driver's seat. I put the key into the ignition and open my phone, connecting it to the car.

I pull out of the long driveway as the song starts. When on the street, I pull down my sunglasses from the top of my head. Damon has already started to sing.

After said song ends, I Won't Say (I'm In Love) starts.

"If there's a prize for rotten judgment," I sing as Damon grabs my right hand in his left, "I guess I've already won that. No man is worth the aggravation."

"That's ancient history," we sing, "been there, done that."

Damon continues to sing the part of the lighter voices while playing with my fingers. I take a turn onto the street that the high school happens to be on. "Oh no..." I sing over Damon.

"Oh," we say in unison. "No chance! No way! I won't say it, no, no." We start to pass the school and Damon doesn't seem to really notice or care that people are out in front now watching us pass. I make eye contact with Caroline and she looks shocked that Damon is actually singing a song from a musical.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

I come to a stop at the end of a dirt road, putting the car in park, turning it off, and getting out with Damon. I grab my messenger bag and a second bag. I have him get on my back and carry him as I speed up to the bottom of a medium-sized waterfall. I set him down and take a blanket from the second bag and lay it out for us. We both sit down and I open the bag I packed this morning, revealing two blood bags, my famous homemade ravioli, and a piece of cake that I had made two days ago.