Chapter 23: Hayley

I'm currently at Rebekah's party, standing in a corner, waiting for Bonnie or Caroline. I didn't really dress up because it wasn't required, so I'm wearing a brown tank top, black wide-leg jeans, a brown flannel, and my black converse along with my extensive jewelry. I see a blonde walk through the door and immediately go up to them. "Caroline!" I hug her tightly.

 "Caroline!" I hug her tightly

"Hi," she says seemingly sad.

"Who hurt you? I will rip out their heart and it won't be quickly," I ask her with a murderous look on my face.

"No, no. Please don't. It's Tyler. He was being weird when I went over. He barely kissed me, said someone was there and was secretive about who, and he said that he wasn't going to the party and he didn't want to hang out without me," she tells me, clearly annoyed.

"Why don't you go find Elena and Stefan? Or April! I'll see you soon but I have to go quickly, okay?" I give her a hug and a kiss on the forehead before leaving.

Once out of sight of the party goers, I speed to the Lockwood mansion. When I approach the house, I knock on the big white door. Tyler opens it and instantly I flip him onto his back, kick him where the sun don't shine, and kick his stomach. He groans. After I get some revenge, I offer him a hand which he takes. He looks at me, angry and confused.

"What the hell was that for?" He asks.

I sigh, "That was for upsetting Caroline. Now," I put my hand on his shoulder, "what's the real reason you're trying to shoo her away?"

"What? You flipped and kicked me," he complains.

"Revenge for shooing Caroline. As I was asking, what's the real reason?"

"Someone who helped me break the sire bond is here and they are a girl our age. Something may have happened, but I don't want Caroline to overthink it." He sighs and looks at me for a reaction. I knee him in the stomach. "Ow! What the fuck?"

"That's for the shitty reasoning. Caroline would have a reason to be upset, but you lying to her will only make it worse. Get your shit together and be honest," I tell him, raising my voice. I start to walk towards the study, turning around and walking backwards so I'm still looking at Tyler.

"But how? She'll be mad!" He walks after me, looking upset.

I groan, "Tyler. You're a hybrid who has few ways they could actually die and you can't tell your girlfriend the truth?" I spin back around, entering the study. "You must be the person who helped Tyler," I say, seeing the back of a brown haired girl. She spins around and nods hesitantly. I walk over to her and hold my hand out. "Aspen Bell, but please, call me Penny," I introduce myself.

"Hayley," she responds cautiously.

"Well, Hayley, it's nice to meet you. You're really beautiful," I compliment.

"Thank you! You too," she replies more comfortably.

"As much as I'm sure you want to see Tyler, do you want to go get dinner with me? Also, don't get the wrong idea, it's not a date. I just want to get to know you and maybe show you around. I guess the asshole can join if you want," I add, motioning to Tyler.