Chapter 32: Eli

"You're the one they call honorable," Davina states, staring at Elijah.

He smiles, "Yes, and yet I followed my brother here to New Orleans to engage in a war. So..." Elijah places his hands in his pants pockets and steps towards Davina, causing me to tense. "I ask you, does that sound honorable to you?"

"You don't look well," the Claire witch decides to say. The single blood bang only helped so much; he still looks pale.

"Well," Elijah sits on a chair in the attic, "only this morning, I had a mystical dagger embedded in my chest. So, I'd say I'm holding myself together quite well. Davina, I believe that you and I have the power to end a war between witches and vampires before it truly begins."

I stand up and walk behind Davina, grabbing her hand reassuringly to let her know I'm here if she's uncomfortable. She squeezes my hand and keeps a tight grip.

"I, by keeping my brother in line, you by behaving as your true self. Not some tool for Marcel or the witches." Elijah tries to persuade her.

Davina looks at him skeptically. "And why should I trust you?" She inquires.

"That is for you to decide. Now," he stands up, "I would like to request a chat with Aspen and Kol."

"Why don't you go get ready for bed? I won't leave without saying goodbye," I promise Dee. She reluctantly nods and leaves for the bathroom. "Hello, Elijah."

He walks up to me and his arms engulf me in a hug. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry that I was unable to keep my promise."

"I'm a big girl Eli, I'm fine. Other than the occasional problem, I've been alright. I'm unlinked and have been helping Davina with her magic." I can't help but smile at the thought of all the time Dee and I have spent together.

Kol clears his throat and both Elijah and I turn to face him. "Hello to you too brother," he greets sarcastically.

"Kol. It's good to see you again. I thought you were gone for good." Elijah starts to tear up but blinks them away.

Kol looks to me and smiles fondly. "I will forever be thankful to this beauty."

Davina comes back into her room and I ask Elijah and Kol to wait outside for me. The agree, leaving me and Davina alone.

"I love you, Dee. Sleep tight. I'll be back tomorrow before noon, alright?" I ask.

She nods and I leave, turning off the light as I go. "Alright, boys," I address the brothers as I exit. "Let's speed home." I take off without another word. Davina agreed to let Eli go home as long as he didn't go out.

I open the front door and look into the living room to see Bekah and Nik looking worried. "Nik, Beks, I have a surprise!" They turn their heads so quickly I thought they would fall off. Kol and Elijah walk into the room behind me.

"Elijah," Beks exclaims. "Kol? How-"

"This one has her ways," he tells his siblings proudly.

Nik stands flabbergasted.

"I'm gonna go take a quick shower, I'll be back down in ten." I rush out before leaving them to their awkward family reunion.

I call Damon and talk to him as I wait for the shower to heat up, shower, then change into some boxer shorts and a band tee. My wet brown hair sits heavy on my shoulders.

I run back downstairs and into the kitchen, seeing Klaus and Rebekah at the table still seemingly stressed. "You two okay?" I query.

"We have something we want to talk to you about..." Nik trails off, looking to Beks for help.

"After a big screaming match, we realized how much we both like you..." she hesitates before continuing. "We might be okay with you being with both of us. Separately of course!" Her and Nik both make disgusted faces and I laugh. "Like a polyamorous relationship? I don't know-"

I can tell she's thinking I wont agree, but to her surprise, I respond with a "sure". "We will have to figure it out though, it'll be new territory for all of us. If at any point either of you don't feel comfortable with it, we can stop."

They nod in agreement and pull me into a hug. Pulling away, I grab my ice cream from the freezer and tell them I'm going upstairs.

Not five minutes after I'm in bed, there's a knock at my door. "Come in."

Bekah enters. She changed from her day clothes into her pajamas. She walks over and sits on the end of my bed. I can tell her mind is running at like 100 mph, so I interrupt with a question that's especially been on my mind in the past 5 minutes. "Rebekah, I can't even begin to describe how happy you make me..." She looks up into my eyes. "Rebekah Mikaelson, will you be my girlfriend?"

She grins widely and tackles me with a hug into a laying position. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Looking up at her and seeing how beautiful she looks, I brush some of her hair behind her ear and whisper against her lips, "May I kiss you?"

"Yes," she mumbles.

I capture her lips with my own and flip us so that I'm hovering above her, our lips still interlocked. Her hands rake through my long hair and settle behind my neck. Pulling away, she breathes out, "I'm falling for you Aspen."

"I'm falling for you as well." I lay beside her and move strands of her hair out of her face. We both smile and fall asleep, happy to be in each other's arms.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

The next morning, I wake up and see Rebekah still sleeping peacefully, her blonde hair spread across the pillow. Quietly, I get up and grab a change of clothes, entering my bathroom and getting ready for the day.

I dress in a graphic tank, jean shorts, a tan over-shirt, black and white converse, and some silver jewelry

I dress in a graphic tank, jean shorts, a tan over-shirt, black and white converse, and some silver jewelry. Smiling, I go downstairs and see a note on the kitchen counter for me, telling me to go into the garden.

When I walk out, I'm greeted by Nik standing in the middle of the garden path surrounded by flowers. "Nik?"

"Aspen, I have admired you since the beginning. There has always been a pull that I can't explain. Undoubtedly, I am falling for you. So, Penny, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks, his voice getting quieter towards the end.

"I would like that very much, Niklaus. I am falling for you too, and I couldn't be happier about it." I run up to hug him and am pulled into a passionate kiss. I sigh into it, content with the moment. This will be an interesting adventure, that's for sure.