Chapter 24: Lily's Surprise

I fucking hate vampire Elena. She's even bitchier, even more manipulative, and overall annoying. She's ripping Stefan and Damon apart and her friends are being very mistreated. For the past couple of weeks, I've been hanging out with Lily nonstop. She's one of those friends who you just never get annoyed by. The Cure Crew (as I call them) got back from Nova Scotia 2 days ago.

Everyone else is currently at prom while Lily and I are sitting in the study, drinking tea, and reading. Sounds boring but it's calming.

Lily must be sick because she keeps throwing up.

She abruptly jumps out of her seat and runs to the bathroom. I go after her and hold her hair while rubbing her back. She slumps to sit against the wall. "This is annoying as fuck," she groans.

I sit down next to her and take her hand in mine. She rests her head on my shoulders and I think I hear something, so I use my vampire hearing to see if someone is home or whatever. Instead, I hear a second heartbeat coming from Lily. I double check to make sure I'm hearing correctly and, sure enough, I am.

I sigh. "Lils?"

She looks up at me. "Yeah?" She whispers.

"I want you to remember that I'm always here for you," I say, building up the strength to tell her. She looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. "I hear a second heartbeat coming from your body. More specifically, your uterus."

"WHAT?" She stands up and so do I. "I don't know what to do."

"That's okay. I'll be here for you no matter what you choose," I tell her, bringing Lily into a hug.

"I don't know who's it could be. The only person I've had sex with in the past month or so is Klaus. But it can't be Klaus, could it?" She asks.

"I don't know. I'll look into the probability. Don't mention to anyone about Klaus potentially being the father, because it could put you in danger." I pull back from the hug and we walk to my room. I grab some of the grimoires and start flipping through pages.

"I want to keep it. I just don't know how I'll take care of them," she stresses, laying on the bed, looking at me with her chin resting in her hands.

"Okay. Like I said, I'm here for you." I grab one specific grimoire I picked up in England. "I don't know if you really care about it and I'll do everything to protect but there is a spell that can be used as a failsafe for the baby." I flip through the pages finding the spell.

"What do you mean?" She questions. "If it'll help keep the baby safe then I want to consider it."

"The spell is a transfer spell that would only happen if you were to die. I by no means intend to let you die, but incase, it would transfer the baby to whoever, that has a uterus, you want. I would suggest you only tell her who, but I could probably get Bonnie to do the spell under wraps if you want?" I turn to look at her. "It won't hurt and while there isn't any definitive answer that it will work, it would be a backup."

"Yeah, do you think Bonnie could do it tomorrow?" She asks, sitting up and placing her hands on her lower abdomen.

"Yeah I'll text. You should get some rest. I'm gonna do a bit more reasoning then we can talk in the morning, okay?"

"Okay," she responds, yawning and getting under the covers of my bed. I stand up and turn off the overhead light, then turn on a dim lamp.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

"So did you find anything?" Lily asks as we approach a small over look about a ten minute walk from the Salvatore house.

"Not exactly," I start. "However, it's a possibility that because of his werewolf side, it could have happened due to a loophole." I sit down on a big rock and Lily sits next to me.