Chapter 6: Dinner Party

Elena and I have hung out a bit more since the night Elijah came to her house

Elena and I have hung out a bit more since the night Elijah came to her house. I try to help her have some moments where she can just feel like a normal teen and she appreciates that.

"Pen," Damon calls from downstairs. I walk out of my room and downstairs to see Damon and his new girlfriend-type person, Andie. "There you are. Wanna go to the Grill with us?"

"Sure, why not." I grab my bag and slip on my green converse and we drive there in my car. Andie is pretty nice, just a little too quick to act like best friends when you haven't known each other long. I know she doesn't mean any harm, it just bugs me when people do that.

I park and we walk into the Grill, sitting down in a booth. They're on one side, I'm on the other. I see Alaric walk in and wave him over. I'm trying to get to know the people in Damon's life as well as Elena because I consider us friends.

Alaric comes over and sits next to me. He lets out a sigh and I turn to him. "Tough day?"

"Yeah. I was out with Elijah and Jenna for a bit while she told him about the town's history."

"Other than the lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah," Damon asks.

"No, it was boring," he sighs. "Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming."

Someone's jealous.

"You sound a bit jealous," Damon says, speaking what is on my mind. "Does he sound a bit jealous," Damon asks both Andie and I.

"Kinda do," Andie responds. I nod my head.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here," I say, seeing the uncomfortable look on Alaric's face.

Alaric looks at Damon and nods his head to Andie, "Yeah we probably shouldn't."

"Andie? She's been compelled not to divulge my secrets." He turns to her. "Haven't you?"

Andie hums in agreement and kisses Damon. I make a barfing noise and Damon glares at me while Alaric chuckles.

"This is too weird," Alaric mutters.

"No shit, Sherlock," I mutter back.

Damon's eyes settle on something past Alaric. I turn my head and Damon says, "Ah, there's Jenna with her new boyfriend." He waves to them. "Hi."

"Hey guys," Jenna says.

"Hey Jenna, Elijah. How was your day?"

"Yeah, I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon says.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Jenna responds, adjusting her bag on her shoulder.

"Well, as much as I'd love to continue this," Alaric says, "I-uh I've got papers to grade."

"No," Andie says, "you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party."

I plead Damon with my eyes to say no. Instead he says, "Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas." I slump back in
my seat. "I'll be happy to host," he offers. "Say tonight. Maybe?"