Chapter 15: Mikael

"You guys fuckin' stabbed her?" I yell.

"We had to, she could've ruined the plan," Elena says.

"Okay, so could a lot of us. That doesn't mean you dagger the person you don't like. You knew what you were doing too," I retort.

"Penny-" Damon starts.

"I need to talk to you later," I say.

"I have time now if you wanna talk while you get ready," he offers. I nod and we walk into my room, closing the door behind us and I walk to my closet.

I take out the dress I made for myself for homecoming and drape it over a chair. "I am not a part of your relationship with Elena, but she's stringing you along. She also almost never says a proper thank you or apology without making it about herself. You deserve better and that's all I'm going to say," I tell him bluntly. I walk into the bathroom and blow dry my still-wet hair.

When I turn it off, he speaks up, "I don't know. I'm just so blinded by her. It's not as easy as you make it seem to just not like someone."

"I know, and I never said it was easy," I remind him. "Just promise me that you will be a bit more careful or observant?"

"I promise, Pen," he says with a soft smile. "I should go get ready." I nod and he leaves, closing the door behind him. I twist two sections of my hair and pin them back.

Grabbing my phone, I turn on music. I put on eyeliner and a little mascara before slipping into my green dress. I accessorize with gold necklaces, gold bracelets and rings, and pearl lined heels.

Strapping on my two thigh holsters, I put two throwing knives in one and a small gun filled with wooden bullets in the other

Strapping on my two thigh holsters, I put two throwing knives in one and a small gun filled with wooden bullets in the other. Letting my dress' skirt fall and cover my holsters, I walk downstairs.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

I walk up to the Lockwood mansion since apparently the gym was flooded. I'm so confused by the party. It obviously wasn't as last minute as it seems.

I walk into the backyard and see Stefan and Tyler talking. I walk over to them and ask them what's going on. Klaus' voice through loud speakers prevents them from answering.

"Good evening everyone! I want to thank you for being here with me to celebrate. It's been a long time coming."

I scoff and walk away, heading toward the bench Elijah and I sat on. I sit down and sigh, checking my phone to see it empty except for Damon's stupid little texts. It is quieter here and I enjoy it, allowing myself to take a few deep breaths. A few minutes later, someone comes up behind me. I can sense them but I don't attack in case they are human.

"Hello love," I groan at the nickname.

"Fuck off Klaus. Don't you have a party to host?"

"Yes, but I wanted to say hello," he walks around the bench to face me.