Chapter 4: An Unexpected Ally

I wake up in Damon's bed at 6:30 A

I wake up in Damon's bed at 6:30 A.M. We had a movie night after the whole kidnapping thing earlier in the day. Damon is still in bed, snoring fairly loudly. I get up and pick him up, throwing him onto a chair in the room. "You should really get that snoring problem fixed," I say as he starts to wake.

"Ugh, let me sleep," he groans.

"Okay, fine. But be up in an hour."

He mumbles and nods absent-mindedly, already falling asleep again. I throw him a blanket and leave the room, closing the door behind me.

I walk down 2 stairs before Stefan appears next to me. "Morning," I mumble. I decided that the whole silent treatment thing is too childish for this situation, so I'm just going to let him get away without blame. Yeah, he did ask me to walk Elena to her car, but he didn't expect us to be kidnapped.

We walk into the kitchen and I start making pancakes while he goes to get a blood bag for me. I sip on the blood as I cook and Stefan helps cut up berries. "How are you and Elena doing with the whole break up thing?," I ask.

He shrugs. "I don't know. I'm not handling it super well, but I know it's for both of our safety."

"Yeah, I'm sure that time will tell if it was meant to be." I say, grabbing a plate of pancakes and fruit.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

I hear a knock at the door and look at the time: quarter past seven. "Are you expecting someone," I ask Stefan.

He furrows his eyebrows. "Nope."

We walk to the door and he slowly opens it while I continue to eat my food because I brought my plate with me. You can interrupt breakfast, but not my eating.

When I look up, I see Rose. She just gets prettier. "Rose," I exclaim with surprise.

"Hello. May I come in?" I nod and as we walk to the sitting room, Damon joins us. "I want to help you save Elena."

⇢⇢⇢⇢

When Elena arrives because of Stefan's text, Stefan and Elena sit down while Damon and I lean against the back of a couch and Rose paces in front of the fireplace. "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I-I don't know what is true and what's not true," Rose starts. "That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know is real."

"Who is he," Elena asks with her arms crossed in front of her in a self-protective manner.

"He's one of the Originals," I respond.

Damon adds, "He's a legend."

Stefan continues, "From the first generation of vampires."

Elena tries to make sense of this. "Like Elijah?"

I sigh, "No, Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus." I use past tense because they don't know that he most likely wasn't killed if stories are true. We didn't have a way to kill him, so I just left it.