Chapter 12: Prank Night

It's nearing the end of August. I haven't really left the boarding house, the only time I leave is to get groceries or fabric for new pieces. I've been doing anything and everything I can to keep my mind off of the danger Damon and Elena are putting themselves in as well as the danger Stefan is in. I know that it's not easy for him to get our of his ripper fazes. For almost a month after Klaus' curse was broken, I cried, thinking about Isaac, Stefan, and what I could have done.

Caroline had started to come over and check on me the week after, sometimes with Bonnie. We don't go out typically, if we do, we go in the back yard or the woods. Caroline and Bonnie deserve more credit than they're given. They now come over almost every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Sometimes they'll help me cut fabric and I'll make some clothing pieces for them, sometimes we just watch movies and chat, and other times we'll go on a picnic.

When Damon is here, he's been making time for me and we've started to pick up something that we used to do for fun when I lost Isaac, sword fighting. We go out to the garden or the woods and practice for hours on end. I think I'm finally in a better place.

I wake up at 5:45, bright and early. I throw on some leggings, a tank top, and my tennis shoes. I grab a hair tie and put my hair in a messy bun before running to Damon's room and knocking on his door. "Rise and shine," I shout. I hear him groan then his footsteps approaching the door. When he opens the door, his hair is tousled and he's in pajamas. "6:00 training?" I remind him.

"Oh," he says, dragging out the word. I walk into his room and sit on his bed as he gets changed. "So what are we doing today? Sword combat? Hand-to-had combat? Archery?"

"Your pick," I respond.

"Okay, then I choose hand-to-hand."

We walk downstairs and out of the house, jogging to an open area in the woods. Setting our water bottles down, we stretch and get in position.

Damon takes the first jab at my neck. I swiftly duck away before aiming for the left side of his face, but he intercepts. He then tries for my nose, but I move his hand away with ease, kneeing him in the groin and punching him square in the face.

He stumbles back but regains composure as he tackles me to the floor, straddling my waist. I roll us over and press my knee into his chest while I avoid the jabs he's throwing. I catch a hold of one of his fists and break his wrist, momentarily catching him off guard. I jump up and back away a few steps while he gets to his feet.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

After about an hour of fighting and small breaks, we decide to head back to the boarding house. We both go to our respective rooms to take showers and get ready for the day.

As I'm stepping out of the shower with a towel wrapped around myself, I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in," I say. Caroline and Bonnie walk in smiling. "Hey, what's up?"

"Okay, so I know you aren't a senior, but tonight is senior prank night and I really want you to come. There'll be a bunch of seniors who no nothing about the supernatural and our group, minus Damon, Stefan, and Alaric," Caroline tells me with a pleading pout.

Bonnie adds, "Please? I want you there. It'll be way more fun. It's also a good way to start getting out more."

"Why the fuck not?" I agree to their plan. "So, how are you two?" I ask, picking out my outfit.

"I'm alright," Bonnie informs.

"Same," Caroline agrees. "How are you?"

"I'm okay." I drop my towel and get dressed in a green dress, a mid-thigh length leather jacket, and my green converse. "What do you think?"