Chapter 28: Kol

"Bekalex?" I shout for Rebekah after I get up and eat breakfast.

She jogs down the stairs. "Yes?" She asks.

"Do you know where Esther's spell book is? I'm trying to find an unlinking spell but I haven't had much luck." I pat my belly as it growls.

"Uhhh... I think it's In Elijah's room. Let me check." She vamps upstairs and returns a minute later with an old dusty leather-bound book. "Alright, here it is," she announces.

I smile brightly at her. "Thank you Beks, I'm gonna look through it here and just take a picture of the page if I find a spell that might work." I take two steps closer to her, grab the book gently, and kiss her cheek before going into the adjacent room to look through the grimoire.

Nope, not that one.

Nope.

Nope, not that one either.

Meh.

Maybe..

Yes!

I take out my phone and snap a picture of the page before closing it and walking over to Bekah who took a seat in the same room. "I appreciate it," I tell her. "So much."

I jog upstairs and go to my room. I walk over to my closet and take out a short plaid dress, a white over-shirt/cardigan, my brown converse, skull earrings, and some chunky rings. After putting the items on, I take my hair out of the bun I have it in, letting my wavy hair fall naturally. I grab my messenger bag and jog back downstairs.

I call to Rebekah as I start to exit the house, "Bye Beks! I don't know when I'll be back but I'll let you know!"

I get an "okay" from her and shrug, leaving the mansion.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

"I want to try a summoning spell," Davina bounces up and down eagerly on the bed.

"Okay," I respond. "Do you have someone in mind?" I flip through one of the grimoires.

"No..." she tells me, "do you?"

I think for a second about who I might want to see. "What about someone I know who used to be a warlock before they were turned into a vampire? He can be kind and I miss him. He's kinda psycho though... but he wouldn't do anything to harm us," I assure her.

"Okay!" She squeals. "Wait. I need to know what he looks like..." she trails off.

I lift my hands. "Open your mind to me, I can show you," I tell her. She nods and allows me to place my hands on her head. I show her a memory of Kol and I laughing. I smile at the memory.

"Aww," she grins. "Okay! I think I can do it." She looks determined and we set it up.

Standing in the middle of the room, lit candles surrounding us, Davina starts to chant. "Phasmatos Obscuram, Ex Luces Estnes Qua Umbres. Natus Ignavum Evitem. Phasmatos Obscuram, Ex Luces Estnes Qua Umbres. Phasmatos Obscuram, Ex Luces Estnes Qua Umbres. Natus Ignavum Evitem. Phasmatos Obscuram, Ex Luces Estnes Qua Umbres."

Kol appears and I smile widely. "Hello Kol," I greet him.

"Penny? I wish I could hug you right now," he says, a bittersweet smile adorning his face.

"I wish I could hug you. I'll try to find a way to get you back here, I promise. Anyways, this is Davina," I gesture to the sixteen year old witch. "She was the only one who was saved from the harvest ritual sacrifice and I was wondering if you knew anything. Oh! Also, while you're here, I don't know if you know, but I'm pregnant," I tell him.

"I know, I've been watching over you," he tells me.

"Well that's not creepy at all," I mutter. He chuckles.

"I know only a little about the harvest. From what I know, I can only assume that at some point the excess amount of magic Davina possesses will become too powerful for her and might cause destruction." He looks solemnly at Davina and myself.

"Is there any way to prevent it?" Davina asks.

"There is a way to sever your connection to the ancestors, meaning your magic would no longer be ancestral and you wouldn't have to deal with the consequences," he informs. "The tricky part is finding a witch to do it."

"Could you give me a contact or name of a witch who may be willing to do the spell?" I ask him.

"Yes. In the basement, Klaus is keeping some of Finn and I's stuff. There is a small black weathered journal that has names and contacts. Look for the name Alexandra Dame," he informs me. "She should know the spell, so that shouldn't be a problem."

"Thank you Kol," Davina says. "I appreciate it."

"Anything for Penny here," he smiles. "Our time is up. I miss you Penny. Good luck Davina."

He disappears and the candles blow out.

I turn to Davina and am met with a smirk. "What?" I ask as I sit down on the bed.

She shrugs and sits beside me. "Oh, nothing... only that he was totally looking at you with heart eyes and was checking you out."

I slap her arm lightly. "You know he's probably listening right?" I ask her with an amused look. "If I had to guess, he's laying belly down on the ground, head in his hands, swinging his legs back and forth."

We both start laughing and little did we know, I was right.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

I'm sitting in bed when Klaus knocks on the door and opens it slowly. I look up from my sketchbook and wait for him to talk as I was still upset. "We need to talk," he says. I simply nod and bring my knees up to my chest. "I'm sorry I yelled, but right now I know Marcellus as my enemy. In my eyes, you were siding with them. I now understand it was for the baby's safety, but please try to be more careful and tell Rebekah or I when you leave and where you are going incase we need you."

My eyes soften and I take one of his hands in mine. "I will support you through almost anything. I will be here for you and I want us to trust each other. If you want me to let you or Bekah know where I'm going, I will. I'm not siding with anyone but the baby's safety." I release his hand and get up, walking towards my closet. I grab a grey tank top and some black and white plaid pants.

Nik gets up and walks out, but not before saying goodnight.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

I wake up the next morning and walk down to the basement. After remembering that Klaus kept his siblings in coffins and shrugging it off, I start to rummage through things.

As I am shuffling through items, I find a small leather duffel bag with a broken zipper. I part the opening of the bag and pull out a black journal. Opening it, I see many names written with addresses and phone numbers. After flipping through the book a bit, I find Alexandra Dame.

Pulling out my phone, I type the number into the keypad and press call. After a few rings, the call is answered. "Hello?"

(A/n: I'm now also working on a book called Change. Not stopping this book, just writing two :))