Chapter 21: Mama Mia!

"Hello my slightly psychopathic murderous peeps," I announce, walking into Alaric's apartment. I see Damon whittling stakes and doing a horrible job, Alaric pacing, and Stefan trying to get Damon to whittle better.

I walk over to Damon. "You shouldn't be here," he says.

"Why because you're afraid I'll tell them that you have white oak? Piss off, I'm not gonna tell them. They may be my friends, but you are my best friends and my family in a way. I love you two doofuses. Plus, you are terrible at whittling, just let me help. Also, if you're going after one original in particular, pick Finn first," I plead while holding my hands out for the stake and knife.

Damon, Stefan, and Alaric exchange glances. "For goodness sakes," I exclaim. "If you need to, watch over me, take my phone, I don't care! Just please let me fix your terrible whittling job. After all, I am better with my hands than you when it comes down to the best outcome," I wink at Damon.

"Hmm. I don't know if I believe you," he says, standing up.

"Well," I grab the knife and stake from his hands, "too bad." I smirk and walk over to the couch, resting my elbows on my knees while I start to whittle. "This is boring. Psycho Ric, do you have a speaker?"

"Uhh... yeah?" He responds. Ric leaves and returns with a small speaker, handing it to me.

I put down the blade and stake, grabbing out my phone and connecting it to the speaker. I scroll down my playlist looking for a good song. I finally press play on a song and get up, continuing to whittle as I dance slightly and, to Alaric and Stefan's surprise, but not my own, Damon starts dancing with me. I finish one of the stakes and hand it to Stefan. He's about to hand me another one when Damon pulls on my hand to make me face him.

"I been cheated by you since I don't know when," Damon and I start to sing.

He twirls me and I laugh while he continues to sing, "So I made up my mind, it must come to an end."

Alaric looks dumbfounded and Stefan looks like he is holding back laughs while secretly recording us.

"Look at me now," I twirl Damon around, "will I ever learn?" I walk over to Stefan, grabbing another piece of wood to whittle. "There's a fire within my soul..."

I whittle to the beat of the song. "Just one look-"

"And I can hear a bell ring," Damon finishes the lyric.

"One more look-"

"And I forget everything," he grabs another blade and piece of wood, trying to mimic what I'm doing.

"Mama mia," Stefan sings, surprising us since we didn't know he knew the song.

"Here I go again," we all sing, even Alaric. "My, my, how can I resist you?"

Stefan takes the blade and stake from my hand, placing them on the counter. He turns back to me and picks me up, twirling me around, causing me to laugh. Finally placing me down, I spin into Damon's arms by his own doing.

"Blue since the day we parted," he sings by my ear. He spins me into Stefan's arms once again.

"Why, why, did I ever let you go?" Stef sings, mimicking Damon's actions.

"Mama mia, now I really know," I release myself from the younger brother's grip and take one of Damon's hands and one of Stefan's, spinning them around.

After that, I walk over to Alaric and grab both of his hands, making him reluctantly dance with me as a smile forms on his face. "I've been angry and sad about things that you do," we all sing in unison.