Chapter 11: The Soon-to-be Hybrid

I wake up at 5:45 A.M. After groaning and getting out of bed, I take a sip from the water bottle on my nightstand. I get in the shower, not waiting for it to heat up.

When I step out, I sigh and walk over to my dresser, picking out my underwear, then walk to my closet, where I pick out some brown pants, a white tank top, a brown sweater, and my Nike '77 high tops.

After getting dressed, I walk down the stairs, into the kitchen. I open my phone and press on the song Love Grows by Edison Lighthouse. I start to cook french toast while dancing to my heart's content. I put the slices of soaked bread in the pan, swaying my body. I go to the fridge and get out whipped cream and strawberries for toppings. When I turn back around, I see Elijah leaning on the kitchen island, staring at me with amusement. I smile at him and continue to dance a little while washing the fruit.

"I can cut the fruit," he offers. I nod and hand him the colander filled with strawberries then grab a cutting board and knife for him. After that, I get back to cooking. We don't talk, but are comfortable in each other's company, just listening to the music.

I put the last of the french toast on the big tray. I ask Elijah to bring the bowl of fruit and the tray into the dining room. I get out the plates and silverware before following him in.

After placing them down, I grab silverware and a plate then place my breakfast on it. While taking out my phone and pausing the music, I text the people who were currently here, telling them breakfast was ready.

Elijah sits across from me with his plate and we start silently eating.

"How did you sleep?" I ask, breaking the silence. I put a forkful of food in my mouth.

"I slept well, thank you. How did you sleep?" He responds politely.

"I slept great," I respond, taking another bite of food. I look up at him and his lips form a smile. "What?"

"You have some whipped cream on the side of your mouth," he motions to the side of my face it's on.

I reach my opposite thumb up and swipe the whipped cream off before I get an idea. Jokingly, I slowly bring my thumb up to my mouth, making eye contact with Elijah. I then suck the whipped cream off of my thumb. I see Elijah gulp slightly and I look down before smirking in victory.

"So, it's the full moon," I say. "Do you guys have a plan?"

"I believe we are finalizing the details this morning. Are you participating?" He inquires.

"I think I will, I just don't know what part of the plan I'm helping with. I just hope Damon doesn't go all ballistic today. That would not be helpful." I sigh and take the last bite of my piece of french toast.

"Yes. Speaking of which, you've known Damon for so long and haven't ever thought about being more?" He asks.

"Not that it's your business," I start, raising my eyebrows at him, "but no. People have thought that we had crushes on each other and, I guess I can't speak for Damon, but from what I know, we have never thought of each other that way. The only things remotely romantic or sexual that happened between us was when he forced me to pretend to be his girlfriend for a double date and when we kissed to make Stefan and his best friend think we were dating. They were so excited when they thought it was true," I laugh fondly at the memory. "I'm finished with my breakfast and am going to go check on Damon. Do you have everything you need?"