Chapter 18: Cheezus Crust

I wake up at 5:00 to a bunch of messages from Bekah. She wants me to go over to Klaus' mansion at some point today. I sit up in my bed and text back an "Okay:) but can we try to avoid your brothers?"

She asks why and I tell her that I don't have the energy to deal with half of them right now.

I hop out of bed and rub my eyes with the heels of my hands. After going to the restroom, taking my morning piss and showering, I pick out my outfit: a casual white lace dress, a brown worn blazer, and my Doc Martins. I put on some of my silver necklaces, rings, and bracelets. I pick out a pair of clay earrings painted to look like stacks of books and pack my bag.

I walk out and downstairs, checking the time: 6:30

I walk out and downstairs, checking the time: 6:30. Skipping into the kitchen, I pack ten of my homemade blueberry muffins, and make my chamomile tea. I sit down with my current book for about fifteen minutes before putting my tea cup in the sink.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

I call Bekah when I'm 3 minutes away, telling her my ETA.

When I pull into the driveway,
Rebekah opens the door, running out to my car as I put it in park. I grab my bag, the bag with the muffins, and the garment bag from the passenger seat. "What's that?" Bekah asks, pointing to the garment bag.

"A 'welcome back to the undead from being basically dead' present," I smile, "for you."

"Can I see it?" She inquires eagerly.

"When we're inside, yes," I tell her as we walk to the door. "I also brought some of my homemade muffins for us and whoever finds out about them," I whisper.

"You are officially my favorite person," she says.

"Was I not before?" I ask. We both laugh and walk through the door, about to head upstairs.

"Rebekah, I heard another voice," what I recognize as Kol's voice yells.

"Yeah and you should leave us alone Kol," Rebekah shouts back as he comes into the room.

"Hey what's with all the yelling?" Elijah asks, walking into the foyer as well.

"What is all the ruckus?" Klaus says, also walking in.

"Ay-yi-yi," I exclaim. "I'm the other voice. Hello, now goodbye." I start to head up the stairs as Kol speeds in front of me.

"You look beautiful this morning," Kol says with a flirtatious tone.

"Thank you. Also, not happening." I attempt to go around him but when he moves to get in my way again, I speed us down the stairs and slam him against a wall with my hand on his chest. I look into his eyes and lean close, whispering, "Goodbye," into his ear. I vamp-speed up to Bekah. "You wanna see your gift?" I ask her with a smile. She nods eagerly.

"If you have a present for her, why don't you join us in the lounge since we, including Rebekah have to get fitted for our clothing for the ball tonight," Elijah suggests.