Chapter 34: Falling

Nik, Bekah, Kol, Elijah, and I sit down for dinner. We take our respective seats, Klaus and I at either end and the rest in their seats on the longer sides. The room is lit with a dim chandelier and candles that Lijah lit. The ambiance is calming after an active day with Davina. Looking at my partners, I notice Klaus has had a slight frown on his face since he got home 20 minutes ago. Bekah seems happy though, constantly stealing glances at me and sending beautiful smiles in my direction. Knowing her distaste for a lot of her brother's actions, I think it is safe to assume she is smiling at me. "How was everyone's day?" I ask as we serve ourselves.

"I got a DS, can you show me the animal game?" Kol tells me. Surprised, I swallow my bite of salad and nod. He seems excited at this notion because of how he sits up straighter.

"My day was alright," Nik indulges. "Marcel kept nagging me to make sure I didn't touch a hair on Davina's head. The lack of trust is impossibly petty. I practically raised the boy yet he questions me?" I can tell Klaus is getting worked up and smile gently at him.

Sighing, I remind him, "Love, you both have different views on what happened in the past. Also, Davina is important to him, she is like Marcel, and he is taking after you by taking care of her and being protective or father-like. He is grateful for you, and even if he won't admit it, his actions show that he is. You two will figure things out eventually." He nods and looks down at his plate thoughtfully, contemplating my words. "What about your day, Beks?"

"Eh," she says, "it was boring. I wish I could've spent the day with you, but I had to talk to that idiot Sophie. What about your day, Elijah?" She switches the attention from herself.

He clears his throat and places down his silverware. "My day was tolerable. Just some business I had to take care of, nothing too big."

"Well, Beks, we can get rid of Sophie as soon as we want to since I'm unlinked. Today Davina did some gender-telling tricks on the baby and I think we should be expecting a girl! She also said the baby will probably bring death to many bad ancestral witches, so... I love this baby more and more every day." By the time I finish talking. Nik is next to me with his hand on my lower abdomen.

"As do I," he comments, twisting my chin to face him in order to kiss me. My smile is wide and I stand to embrace Niklaus. We had finished dinner between pauses, so all of us begin to bus the dishes after the other three siblings hug me and congratulate Nik and me.

I put the last container of leftovers in the fridge and we all go into the living room. I turn on the tv and look at my recorded episodes of New Girl when Eli brings up the thing he told me about earlier. "Nik, Bekah, Aspen," he addresses, "I want to make known to you the romantic feelings I hold for Penny. I have already mentioned this to her and she is willing to try with me but wanted me to talk with you two, seeing as it would impact your relationships."

"Would now be a good time to say that I actually wanted to talk to you about the same thing?" Kol asks. My head snaps up and I lean back thinking about what the fuck I have gotten myself into. Don't get me wrong, I am falling for them, but being in relationships with 4 temperamental and protective siblings? It is not going to be easy.

Nik and Bekah look at each other, seemingly having a conversation with their eyes. "Alright," Bekah speaks. "If Penny is alright with it and wants a relationship with you two as well, then we are alright with it."

"I think it would be good to establish some rules though, in order to avoid any jealousy and anger that we can. I'm tired and just want to watch tv tonight, but tomorrow evening at dinner, why don't we each bring some ideas of rules or boundaries?" When I say this, Bekah and Nik seem to relax. All siblings agree and I snuggle in between Nik and Bekah, pressing play on season 2, episode 6 of New Girl.