24-이십사: I need to let you go

Namjoon's POV

I saw her crying in the middle of the song. I know that it wasn't because of the song. Something is definitely wrong with her. Did someone hurt her? Did someone say something to her? Or she is just nervous? I saw Somi and Jungkook looking at her with concern in their eyes. I guess even they don't know. Momo and Hyuna were looking at each other after peeking a glance at her. But she was standing there singing emotionlessly.

I had to be mature. I stayed professional and continued directing the choir and Sunmi. But was making sure to take glances at her from time to time. The song was over and I turned my back to her in order to bow to the audience. The host said something which I didn't pay much attention to. When I stood straight I saw Y/n running out of the stage while covering her mouth. I looked at her with concern in my eyes. Suddenly Jungkook pushed everyone in front of him and ran behind her. I quickly motioned the choir to get down the stage and they complied. I need to find her. She was aching. She wouldn't cry even after the song finished. Something is wrong. I have a bad feeling.

Jungkook's POV

I saw birdie crying while singing. She was gloomy ever since she returned from Professor Namjoon's cabin. That deep shit probably made her upset. I am very sure of it. She was insecure ever since that fake woman arrived at our university. These two new arrivals are literally controlling her these days. After the performance got over we bowed at the audience and the host announced that she was crying because of passion for singing but I knew what she was feeling inside.

I could relate to her the most because that is how I am feeling now as well. Unrequited love hurts. She is weaker and more sensitive than me so she breaks down easily. I don't want to see her hurt. She doesn't deserve this. She ran down the stage and that was my last straw. I dashed out following her. She shouldn't be lonely right now. I need to be there for her. I need to be there to comfort her. To ease out her pain. I have to check on her. I ran through the corridors faster than ever and caught her by the wrist stopping her. I saw her tear stained face and embraced her tightly.

"Did he do something to you again?" I ask stroking her back

"Did he do something to you again?" I ask stroking her back. She was silent. I pulled out of the hug and looked deep into her eyes. "Did he?" I asked again. She looked away, avoiding my gaze, me still holding her arms tightly. "I HATE THIS!" I barked pityingly. She looked at me and I continued, "I hate seeing you depressed and hurt because of him. I hate when he is the cause of your precious tears!" I said her. "Jungkook..." she began but I cut her off. "But I hate it even more when you are running away from it instead of facing it!" I admitted even if it would be my own loss. But I can never see her sad and regret something later. She just blankly looked at me.

Namjoon's POV

"Soon the main event of the night will begin. The annual projection mapping will begin here at the courtyard," the announcer was announcing on the university speakers. I was moving through the crowds searching for Y/n. But till now there was no sign of her. "We could appreciate you cooperation if you don't use your flashlight or phone and enjoy the projection." I saw Somi and another girl sitting on the ground. I went to them and asked, "Excuse me! Have you seen Y/n?" "Are you searching for her for the projection myth?" the other girl asked me. I shook my head, "No! Ah.. just leave!" I said before getting away from them.

"Hey Joonie!" I heard Sunmi holding my arm. I turned to her and saw her smiling at me. Suddenly the lights went out, the projection mapping was begging. "What an amazing climax!" she said looking at the projection. "Yeah!" I said looking away from the projection, still trying to look for Y/n. "Did you know that there is a myth at the last night of the school festival?" she said but I looked into the building for a trace of Y/n.

"Joonie..." she whined. "Sorry, can it be saved for later?" I asked trying to get away from there. She grabbed my arm and stopped me. "No!" she said and that made me more frustrated. "Stop running away! Look at me!" she barked. I glared at her and freed my arm off her grip. She sighed and continued, "Running away is no good especially for the case of feelings," she said. I looked away knowing well of where this conversation is leading. "There is someone I can't take my eyes off," I admitted. "Could it be...." she said but I cut her off, "I have decided to return this feeling to her." I looked at her apologetically and said before dashing off, "Sorry!"

" I looked at her apologetically and said before dashing off, "Sorry!"

I ran towards my cabin because I know she has to be there. I burst into my cabin and then I saw her standing near the window, holding a notebook in her hand, looking at the projection with no emotions on her face. I went towards her and asked, "What are you doing here?" She was still looking outside the window and said, "I actually planned this. If I called you here then we would watch the projection together." I frowned at her, "But you didn't call me." "Because the situation changed a little bit," she said without looking at me.

I sighed and finally began, "You know Y/n, even though I said to give up but now I myself cannot believe it tha-" "I love you so much!" she said finally looking at me me giving me a wide smile but somehow I can clearly notice the sadness in it. I sighed and told her, "I am the one talking here. So you just lis-" "It's the first time in my life that I thought that it is wonderful to love someone," she again cut me off. "Are you listening to what I'm saying?" I asked but was again interrupted by her by the words which I wish I could unhear. "But then I will put an end to this."

🔢🔢🔢🔢🔢🔢🔢🔢🔢🔢🔢🔢🔢

A/n: Pack your bags and leave, everyone

A/n: Pack your bags and leave, everyone. Story is over. The lead couples are biding farewell to each other. Book closed. Bye~

Okay okay. So the story is coming to an end. And there will be more other's POV now than Y/n's POV.

TITLE: Let Go(BTS)

Also drop a vote on this chapter and comment something. It's free and will put a smile on my face.