Rebel

Hey, guys hope you're enjoying your day. This is my first book ever. I've had the idea for a while now and after nagging from my friends I've finally decided to write it. This is the first in the series I'm planning on doing and I would love your feedback. Enjoy 😁

Sophia's POV

"Sophia time to wake up, you don't want to be late for your first day back at school?" Shouted mom from somewhere in the house. I got up and stretched out the little sleep that still lingered inside before looking around my room. I recently reorganized it two days ago. I thought" new year, new look" for the room as well as for myself. After about twenty minutes in the shower and another fifteen getting ready a walked out of my room in black skin-tight jeans, a white slightly long sleeveless blouse, a black mini leather jacket, and a white and black high top. My hair was pulled back into a ponytail with my favorite pair of blue Crescent moon earrings that matched the color of my eyes and of course my bag (can't forget that).

I came downstairs to smell breakfast, hmmm bacon, eggs, French toast, pancakes, orange juice, and fruits (a plus for having a nutritionist for a father). As I stepped into the kitchen I was greeted by the sight of a dark brown, tall, amber-eyed boy with short black hair and a well-built figure. Standing beside him was a curvy, long black-haired, brown-skinned woman with a tribal tattoo on her upper right arm. She had blue eyes with a slight greyish hue around them, long eyelashes accompanied by her full lips, and dimples that showed as she laughed with the young man. It was a full minute before they realized I was there.

"You know Josh I don't appreciate you coming in here and eating my food," I smirked staring at Joshua.
" Oh please, I'm your best friend Soph, it's my job to eat your food." Josh snapped back looking at me with a warm smile. Rolling my eyes before turning to my mother who was just smiling at the teenagers. "Morning mom," I said hugging my mother.

" Morning mija, did you sleep well?"

" Yeah I did, hmm mom can I ask you something, can I get a tattoo?"

" Sophia..... sorry baby but no."

" Please mom, I've thought about it, even designed it. Plus it's kinda unfair, you have six tattoos and I'm only asking to do one." Mom looked into my eyes. It was a thing she often does to slightly intimidate me but I'd made up my mind and readied myself for it. We locked eyes, it was like the kitchen froze. I wasn't going to back down not from this.

" Just so you know I've already made the appointment and paid the money in advance. I am getting that tattoo mom, I just asked to see what you would say," I said with a mischievous grin.

"Hmm don't mean to interrupt Aunty Theresa but we're going to be late and Paul is outside waiting," Josh said watching our staring contest.

" If you get that tattoo you can't come home."

" That's ok I can stay over Shayloh, you can't beat me, mom," I said before going out the door with Josh. The only thing I heard was my mom saying a little prayer "Dear Goddess Luna give me strength."

Once we were outside, we were met by a black Ford jeep parked in my driveway. "Took you long enough you two, come on you've made out now let's go," said a beautiful fair skinned, blacked haired girl with white highlights a sweet calm voice with a hint of a French accent. We ignored her and went to the back where our friend Cole was sitting with his headphones on. Cole was a 5'8 brown-skinned, music-loving, party animal. I looked at him and the way he did his hair. He grew out his hair and styled it into a long bang covering his right eye which gave him an emo look coupled with his slime build, and carried the look well.

"Sarah...babe stop teasing the pups," said Paul sitting in the driver's seat. This guy is built like a Greek God with a jawline gifted by Jesus himself and those dark intense eyes that could stare into a person's soul.

"Good morning Pauli, what's up," I said hugging him from behind, looking over his shoulder, and smiling.

"Hey, Rebel. How was your summer in Mexico?"

"It was ok, I learned how to street race with my cousins and uncles," I said before whispering. "Don't tell mom."

"Ok we can talk on the way, baby go please," Sarah said before Paul drove off.