Secrets Part 1

Sophia's POV

I got out of bed, healed enough to walk but that was about it. Elder Pamela came in some time ago to redress my wounds and change my bandages. Then my Mom stepped in to check on me.

"Oi minha menininha linda. Como você está se sentindo?"

(Hey my beautiful baby girl. How are you feeling?)

"Portuguese Mom. I'm in too much pain for bilingual so please can we not."

"Ok, mi amor. So how are you healing up?"

"Slow and painful. I don't know why it's not healing fast."

"I'm not sure either anyway don't worry about school just rest up and heal. I got to go to work and get everything for your party on Saturday." I nodded and Mom left. With a yawn, I got back into bed and fell asleep.

Cole's POV

I got to school early which wasn't like me but I couldn't sleep. Seeing that thing for the second time, fighting it for the first, I don't know how Sam and Josh do it. It was just me today Sarah and Paul were with the tribe in meetings and tracking parties trying to find that thing. Last night was the second time it broke through our line and this time it broke both Sam's and Chad's backs, almost gutted Sophia and Josh, and mind Carla and I look like scarecrows which meant one thing. That thing was an Alpha wolf which was even more scary. Out of nowhere, someone called behind me back to reality, it was Shayloh and Chloe.

"Hey Cole, where's Soph and Josh?" asked Chloe.

"Ummu she's sick. Both her and Josh."

"Sick. Strange, they both were fine yesterday."

"Yeah it's been going around the Reservation lately," I said not looking them in the eyes.

"Oh, ok. I hope they get well soon, I'll check in on Soph later. See you, Cole," answered Shayloh. I nodded to them then walked off.

Kairi's POV

School went by quickly today, the gang and I were at our favorite spot, the Gazebo chilling except for Travis and Jeff who went into town. Shayloh and Chloe told that both Sophia and Josh were sick which I found strange that both would be sick at the time and to the point that they couldn't come to school. Speaking of Sophia I haven't checked on her all day so I quickly dialed her number and on the third ring, she picked up.

"Hello, baby. How are you?"

"Hey babe. I'm ok just sprained my ankle last night so the doc said I should keep off it but ——."

"I thought Cole said both you and Josh were sick?"

"Ye..yeah yeah," she sounded hesitant for a bit causing me to raise an eyebrow in curiosity. "It came on sudden and I fell down the stairs and sprained it. Still feeling weak though." Her voice sounded weak and tired.

"I'll make you some chicken soup, family recipe. I can give it to your Mom for you."

"Sure, I would love that. Thanks, Kairi. I love you."

"I love you too Soph. Now go get some rest." I hang up with a sigh and turned back to the others then I question popped into my mind.

"Hey guys, have you ever been to Sophia's house?" Everyone looked at each other before shaking their heads. "Seriously, never?"

"Never. She slept over but we have never seen her house. She said her parents wouldn't allow it," Shayloh stated.

"Come to think of it, no one outside of the tribe has seen inside of the Reservation."