Awakened

Sophia's POV

  'This place is so majestic,' I said to myself saying as I walked through the forest in awe of the vibrant colors. The leaves, trees, and flowers were in a variety of colors like something straight out of Avatar and the sky was a purple-pinkish hue with the constellation shining brightly. The noises of owls and other night creatures filled my ears with their sweet melody that relaxed me. I then saw two bright piercing yellowish-golden eyes glowing in the shadows of a nearby cave. It let out a deep growl then images started playing in my head, I was upside down, bleeding, and in pain, it was like every bone, muscle, and nerve was on fire but it felt like I was getting stronger, refined you'd say.

   It walked out revealing itself to be a beautiful white wolf with patches of grey fur on the ears, forehead, nose, and tail. It was slightly larger than regular wolves, more powerful and proud. Suddenly the wolf pounced on me pinning me to the ground, I closed my eyes waiting for it to kill me but death didn't come. I slowly opened my eyes only to be met with, myself, only her eyes were glowing like the wolves. At that, I flew up fully awake holding my head

"Oh, honestamente, realmente necesito dejar de ser noqueado tan a menudo." Shaking my head I took a look at my surroundings. It was a neatly decorated room with a mix of modern and antique styles of furniture. I don't know how this person blended the two styles but it works. I got out of bed and quietly made my way out room into the hallway towards the kitchen where I heard a noise coming from.

I entered the kitchen to see a well-built light-skinned man around the stove, humming the song Selfish by PNB Rock. I noticed a large cooking knife and quickly walked to the counter, grabbed it, and held it toward the strange man. I don't know why but something about him seemed familiar I have a hard time trusting people so I advanced until the knife was at the back of his neck. He stopped humming, turned off the stove, and asked, "do you always try to stab the person who saved you?"

"Thank you. Now who are you and where am I?" steeling my nerves because of the absolute calm of this man like he wasn't in danger.

"You are at my apartment Little Redway. You are safe."

That nickname. I haven't heard that nickname in a long time but only one person used to call me that. I stepped forward a little more, the tip of the blade now touching his neck.

"Answer my question. Who are you?"

"I doubt you remember me, after all, it has been seven years since the last time I saw you. You're not the little girl that used to follow me and your brothers around."

My eyes widened in shock as I looked at Paul's older brother Theon Webster in front of me. And despite everything that happened only one question came to mind. "How are you alive? My parents told me you died when I was nine."

He turned to me handing me a bacon and ham sandwich that he was preparing even with the knife on his skin, "There are a lot of things your parents aren't telling you."

I took the plate and went to sit at his table watching every move he made. He sat across from me with a sandwich of his own, his face, unreadable. "What do you mean, they're hiding things from me and do you know that?" At this, I heard a crashing sound. I quickly covered my ears trying to block out the noise.

"Your ability to hear that is just a small piece of what your parents and everyone on the Reservation are hiding from you. And I know this because I can hear it too. What you're hearing is my neighbor's writing. That's the sound of pencil gliding on paper."

I looked at him in bewilderment. How is this even possible?

"Sophia, do you believe in werewolves?"

I chuckled at the obvious foolishness that came from his mouth before I saw the seriousness in his eyes, "are you serious? What, next you're gonna say Vampires, Witches, and all that stuff is real?"