The Pack

Sophia's POV

I rolled from under the covers around nine Sunday morning to the birds singing as I took in the fresh clean air (one of the perks of living in a place surrounded by trees and rivers). I sat back on the edge of my bed and grabbed my new phone that mom bought me (the newest I Phone) and texted Kairi.

'Good morning my Empress. I didn't wake you, did I?'

'Yawn, no babe I've been up for the pass hour. Are you sure you're ok Soph?'

'Kairi for the last time between you and the gang I'm ok just miss you.'

'Miss you too. So what's your plans for today?'

'I have a tribe ceremony later so I'll just chill with Paul and the others.'

'Wait tribe ceremony?'

'Yeah.....I completed the tribes final trail, so after day I'm officially a member of the tribe.'

'That's great babe. I'm happy for you. Anyway I'll let you go relax. I love you Sophia.'

'I love you too Kairi.'

After finally deciding to get out of bed, get changed, eat and go looking for Josh and the others. I haven't spoken to any of them since I triggered the curse and although I'm really angry with them anymore, I'm still kinda upset about the whole thing. I stepped outside and turned in the direction of clearing where I picked up their scent last time. Over the past two days I've been practicing on my own, the wolf hearing and smelling came easy to me but the speed and strength till gave me problems. Without realizing it, I was already at the clearing and surprise surprise there they were Paul, Josh and Cole having a sparing match while Sarah was sitting under a tree with a tall boy built like a tank, Chad Spencer.

"Sophia over here," Sarah called out to me causing the others to look around while I made my way to her.

"Hey.....if it isn't little Sophia, long time no see," Chad said in a wide grin.

"Why did you guys hide this from me?"I asked all of them. Paul and Sarah had blank expressions no doubt surprised by the sudden question. Cole started looking at random trees while Josh looked at his feet. "I'm not pissed of at you guys. I understand that this is something huge and life changing but I just want to hear your reasons."

Paul sighed, "honestly, it was because of your parents. After everything that happened to you they it would be best if you didn't know about..all of this. This life.....it's not easy, most of us die, very young and they know once you're in, it's for life."

"Is that the reason for you guys?" They nodded at me, now looking at me. "I see.....ok. My dad told a little about all this, he did want to overload me and I've been practicing but the whole speed and strength thing is giving me a hard time."

Suddenly my hand rose up on its own catching what feels like a stone. My heart raced a bit before slowing back down.

"Well done," said Sarah coming from the direction of the stone. "You're having problems because you are overthinking. Let me guess, your dad said that it response to a want?"

I nodded at her, still shocked.

"He isn't wrong but for something so new to you, your body and mind are still adjusting. The easiest way to bring out the wolf is to relax, don't think, feel, go on instinct. When you become one with your instincts all of this will be has easy as breathing. The next thing after you've mastered control would be transforming," Sarah continued.

"Transforming?" I asked sitting down next to Chad.

"Yeah transforming into your wolf. Didn't your parents tell you? About the Full Moon?" Sarah inquired and I shook my head.