Gifted

Kairi's POV

I was running surrounded by darkness, the only light was my steps has I moved forward. A cold breeze blew pass me going straight to my bones. I don't know why I was running or where I was running to, the only thing I knew was what ever was behind me scary, dark as if it was comanding the darkness. I kept running my legs getting tired, I can't keep running forever. "Oh Kairi....where are you going my girl. Come to me Kairi, stop running," the echoing voice behind me laughed. I hit a wall that came out of nowhere. The wall was pitch black, made out of some sort of minerals. "Look at this turn of events." I turned around my fear radiating off of me. All I could see staring back at me were a pair of emerald green eyes and a body made of shadowy mist in the shape of.........to my shock me. Suddenly dark hands began coming out of the black walls holding me in place. "What are you?" I asked trembling in fear. The shadow extended her hand and dark blade appeared. "You will get to know me. In time you'll even depend on my but in the meantime....." The shadow down her sword in one swift slash. I jumped up now in my bedroom panting and sweaty. I turned of the lights gazing at the Sakura Tree mural infront of me that Sophia painted last year. "What the actual hell was that dream," I sighed getting out of bed. My phone rang startling me. "Hey baby, what's up?" Sophia sweetly said.

"Nothing much I just woke up. So what do I owe this lovely morning call?"

"Do I need an excuse to call my wonderful, caring girlfriend? I just noticed we haven't hang out since I got back from Mexico just you and me."

"Sure babe. Besides I've been dieing to get you alone," I replied flirtatiously.

"Hmm slow down chica. You can have me and my body after I get my tattoo," Sophia said jokingly. "Just be gentle when you get me."

"I thought I already had you Princess,"

"You haven't in three months and a day. So you don't have me at the moment and I want some attention."

I laughed at her statement walking into the shower. "I'll see you at school Soph, I'm gonna take a shower and oh wear something sexy."

"No promises Empress," I heard her chuckled before she hang up. After soaking in the hot water for about five minutes I got out and got ready. I was in a white skin tight jeans, pink sleeveless blouse, a pink Nike with my leather jacket. As I walked out my room a felt a cold sensation running down my spine remembering my dream. Coming into the living room I was greeted by my mother Shanai in a business suit checking her handbag. "Where did I put those keys?" she whispered to herself while checking the coffee table beside the couch. It was becoming a regular thing almost every morning. "Mom the keys are in the kitchen where you left them last night." She sighed membering that she left them there. "Thanks Kairi my head is a mess. The museum is getting some new artifacts and I need to supervise the arrival and handling."

"Anything interesting?" I asked grabbing my breakfast that mom packed every morning then took an apple.

"Actually it is. It's a one thousand year old Shogun statue that belonged to your ancestors."

"Seriously, can I get a picture of it please?"

"Sure but I thought you would stop by after school."

"I would but I'm gonna spend time with Sophia. You know just the two of us."

"Ok just be careful and don't still out late. And tell Sophia hi for me." I smiled at her heading out the door towards the car. Mom got in after locking up the house and drove out the driveway. We sat in silence for ten minutes, me looking at my calendar and to do list before scrolling through some photos I edited. It was a while before I finally heard my mom's voice calling me. "Kai, Kai, Kai....... What are you thinking about?"