The Banished Wolf

Sophia's POV

Josh and I walked into the school halls early Monday to see Jonathan standing between a Senior and Kira Reyes. She was wearing her usually glasses, a cream baggy pants, white oversized sweater with white kicks. Her hair ruffled like someone grabbed it. The Senior, a rugby player if I remembered him right stood fuming at Jonathan who had his usual calm and cold expression. I wanted to run up there to help but a part of me wanted to see how this will play out. Note to self, talk to Paul about getting his guys in line.

"Move Raygan. That little nerd promised me an A+ instead I got an D and now I'm off the team till my grades are up," the bully barked at Johnny.

"Have you tried studying. You know prove people wrong that all Jocks are stupid," Jonathan replied still calm but now with a smug smirk on his face.

"Careful Raygan or your next."

Jonathan let out a little laugh, "you think I'm afraid of you William. I have a question for you. Does your father still work at Crescent General?"

"W....what?"

"You know what don't answer that, of course he is. So let me make this clear so you can understand. You will leave Kira alone for good or your father won't have to worry about that promotion. If a hair on her head is even out of place by you or your friends I'll make sure your father can't get a job in this town. Do see understand each other?" Jonathan's face was now cold and serious.

William's face froze in shock seeing that Jonathan was dead serious. I stood there smiling, it's about time someone stood up to those jerks, I just didn't know Kira was being bullied. Come to think of it I've hardly seen Kira since school started. William nodded to Jonathan and walked off and so did the crowd.

"Th...thank you Jonathan," her voice still as meek as I remembered but there was something else. Bags under her eyes, she looked like she lost weight and she looked tired.

"It's nothing Kira. Any improvements in your mom's condition?"

"She's still in a coma and the doctors still don't know if she'll wake up," she started to cry and Jonathan hugged. "They're talking about pulling the plug. I..I..I can't lose her Job. I've all ready lost the Dad in that accident, I..just can't..lose her too."

Jonathan looked up and his eyes met mine knowing I was listening in. At that moment I knew what I was thinking. I sighed and nodded at him.

"What if I tell you that I can cure your mother and make sure no one picks on you anymore." Kira looked up at him in shock, wonder, surprised and desperation. My heart went out to her. She's been going through all of this with no help or someone to talk to.

"Ca...can you really?"

"Of course. Just meet me at the hospital after school."

"Sure, absolutely," her face lit up with hope and she ran off to her locker. I walked over to Jonathan with Josh.

"Take care of her ok Jon," I said in a low voice.

"Of course, they won't want for nothing." With that Josh and I walked away to find our friends.

"What was that about," asked Josh.

"It's just something Jonathan warned me about. Nothing serious so relax wolf boy." He shrugged his shoulders and we continued walking. As we walked up to the group Shayloh being Shayloh jumped us.

"So a Senior is keep a party later. You coming?"

"Another party," Joshua complained.

"After what happened at the last party imma sit this one out. Besides I have something to do after school."