The Oni and the Wolf

Author:

Hi guys I hope you are enjoying the book. Remember to vote and comment please.

Kairi's POV

   I sat down in the living room with my parents in silence. Tears running down my face slowly. Both looking at me with worry. Why isn't he talking? WHY am I not talking? Why isn't Yami talking? Actually thank God but it feels weird.

"I should probably start from the beginning. We——"

"You don't have to go over the beginning dad. Yami already told me about our ancestor."

"Yami?" He inquired with aore relaxed face.

"That's what she told me to call her."

"Well, let me add to it because I know she's not telling you everything.
Oni are Japanese spirits, Yōkai. Demons that fed on destruction and chaos. There are many kinds of Oni: fire, water, wind, earth,etc. The one our bloodline carries is the Shadow Oni, one of the strongest out there."

I nodded taking in everything, "she said she's me but but I'm not like her."

"Maybe you are. Somewhere deep inside. When people of our blood are born we carry two souls. Our human one and the Oni one. It lays dormant until our late teenage to adult years when are fully grown and mature. But in serious cases they can be awaken by stress mostly. The Oni embodies parts of us that we don't like or parts that we hide deep down."

"Sigh. So what now. I can't hear her."

"I put her to sleep," my Dad just casually stated like it was no bad deal. My shadow self that has been tormenting me for the better part of a week and he just put her on time out. "And starting today I'll be training you how to subdue and eventually merge with your shadow self, so no school today."

I nodded at him still kinda uneasy. I mean I would have to fight basically myself and then fuse with her. Iylt sounds cool on paper but I doubt it'll be that easy. "So what's first? I marathon? Workouts?"

My dad chuckled, " No my little Empress. It's more mental and spiritual than physical. Because all of our families Binding Contract with the Yami Oni we are all linked, straight back to our ancestor. So abilities and combat and other information are open to us has long as we've completed the Binding Ritual. You'll need a strong will, a goal or desire if you want to subdue her." He began walking down to the basement with me on his tail. He opened the door and inside was strange diagram drawn on the floor with six candles lit  around it. My dad stepped inside and ushered me to follow suit. I sat down criss cross applesauce then he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"What's this dad?"

"This is our families' Ritual circle. It's a combination of a boundary and binding circle. The candles activate the boundary part and....,"he then cut my palms, closing my fists and a few drops of blood fell in the center of the circle. I winced then watched has they healed. "The participants blood activates the binding circle."

   The walls of the basement disolved into shadows until a Japanese Shrine stood infront of us. I looked back at my Dad who's eyes were glowing white as we walked into Shrine. "What know?" I asked him still not clear on what to do.

"Feel her out. You two are eternally connected. You can sense her." I took a deep breath and concentrated on the part of me that I've been trying to keep down. That feeling took me to the court yard and there she was, kneeling in a meditative position. I looked up at my Dad with questioning eyes. "Fight her. Channel her power. This place divides her power between both of you, us it."