Night Terrors

Author

I wanna say thanks to all my supporters that have been with me since the start. And for those who have commented, please continue it haves me the drive to keep writing. I want to give a special thanks to my bros take keep pushing me and helping me: Alto, Zen, Agent Josh, Naaythan, Alliana, Angel, Chad and many more. Mad respect. I might just add your characters to the story.

Sunday Night during the New Moon Ritual

Kairi's POV

    After talking to my wonderful lover and using my day to do some editing I ended up going to bed around 9'o clock. Last night was the first since the party that I've talked to Sophia and my god I missed her so much. During the whole kidnapping thing and waking to find out that she wasn't found and could possibly be dead, let's just say I didn't sleep at all.

     We were just inside dancing, drinking, we almost had sex and then she could have been been killed. And where was I? Knocked out for God knows how long. But enough of that, she's back and that makes me happy so I climbed into bed and soon after, fell asleep.

"Well, well, well. Look what you the cat dragged in," a echo sarcastic voice sounded behind me. Oh joy. The reasons why I hate falling a sleep.

"Oh God. What do you want Yōkai?" Crossing my arms looking at the purple glowing eyed, shadowy figure that looks like me.

"We've been over this. Yōkai are a group of Japanese spirits. Call me Yami Kairi. After all I am basically a demon version of you," she paced around me. Suddenly black chains clinged around my arms holding me in place. The shadow me or Yami Kairi smiled devilishly at me. "Strap in and enjoy yourself, you might be here a while." And like that she vanishes.

   I don't know how long I was trapped here, like you can keep track in a dream much less this place. Suddenly Yami me reappeared panting holding her/my stomach. She looked exhausted and for the first time since I became aware of her I saw fear in her eyes. She sat down looking at the ground.

"What happened? Where have you been? How long has it been?" I inquired.

After a long pause she started. "I....I.....I...s....saw something, something savage, primal. We Oni are some of the strongest creatures in the world and just the presence of what I saw that feeling made ME freeze."

Even though she was a shady character (no pun intended). I had a feeling she was telling the truth and that scared me more than in scared her.

"What happened? What did you see? What was it? Yami tell me," I pleaded with her as she got up with a smirk.

"Don't worry about it——"

"Don't worry? You saw something that scared even you. Probably hurt you too. And you expect me to just not worry about it. When I can't protect myself. When I don't know the first time about being a Yōkai."

"When our father comes home he'll explain everything. For now wake up, it's time for school."

   And with that my eyes shot open as I stared at the ceiling with a sigh.

Sophia's POV

I woke feeling refreshed and quickly got ready for the day. I felt like everything was right was the world. I thought as I walked off the stares and entered the kitchen to mom watching the news on the small flat screen above the island counter.

"Today bodies were found in a gruesome scene in the alley of Crescent Grill and Bar. Where two homeless men were brutally kill with limbs being ripped apart and slash marks were found. The police are asking everyone to be vigilant and to be home by 10 'o clock the latest. This is your reporter Vicky Mayne for Crescent Falls News."