A Fox in Wolf Clothing Part 2

Sophia's POV

After capturing Mr Roberts at the gym we transported him to one of the holding cells underneath the Pack House which was carved out from one of the many cave systems I now know are around the town we were in my grandfather's office. His office was a medium size room comfy, warm and inviting much like his home no doubt arranged by grandma she always liked the natural look with a bit of has she would call it 'woman's' flare.

The walls were painted in a light cream, not light enough that it looks white but not dark to where it looks yellowish. On the walls were various wooden masks and carvings of animals. I stop at one of the wolf mask and looked at it. It was painted in white and grey, smaller than the one beside. I don't know why but it tugged at me. Grandpa had cream couch and bookshelf at the left side of the room, a little ways from the door on the right. Beside the door was a medium cupboard like table with a built in mini fridge with lots of wine and liquor on top and beer and ice inside (I checked). A large family photo rested behind his Mahogany desk and leather chair with a giant bear pelt rug over the Oak floors.

"The Lycan has been subdued and is knocked up in one of the cells," Dad informed Grandpa.

"Good. And how many people know about this?"

"Just was involved, Theresa, Fiona, Paul, Sarah and you."

My grandfather had both elbows on the desk meeting at his chin with a hard look in his eyes. "Is he awake yet, I would like to ask him some questions?"

"He's still out cold. I had to make sure he wouldn't regain his strength and escape."

"The boundary spell we placed on the cell allows us and the council members to enter and exit but he can't," Delphine spoke up rubbing the hand of a still weakened Cole.

"Plus the wolfsbane and mauling from the wolves.....he's not going nowhere," Jeff added.

Grandpa nodded still deep in thought. I could almost see the gears turning inside his head. "Any word from Theon and the twins?"

Everyone turned to me which was a little awkward. I wasn't they're babysitter, was I? "I haven't heard from them since they left to go visit their friend."

"I hope they can get the proof he needs. I gave them until December and it's November 28."

"So you want Theon to succeed Grandpa?"

"I'm not picking sides Soph. I believe in justice and that the guilty should be punished, no matter who they are."

"It's not like you to be so laid back like this Dad. Especially something this serious."

"I have washed my hands clean of this mess. I believe there is more to this then we know. I maybe Chief but I was not the one to pass judgement unto Theon the first so it would be unfair to do so now."

"But what if he's judged wrong again?" Josh asked.

"I believe the truth will come out and what comes after is out of my control."

Grandpa has always been like this, a just person not taking sides no matter who is involved. It might be all that wise with his age or something else but I always believe him. And more often than not he's right.

"Could you kids give us the room please," asked Dad. "And no wolf hearing, Sophia."

Damnit I cursed in my mind. Why does he have to know me so well? Without another word we left the Pack House and headed towards one of the mini falls where we saw Sarah sitting down gazing into the rushing water below.

"Hey Sarah!" I called out but got no reply.

"SARAH!!!!" Cole shouted which finally got her to turn around.