Moon and Shadows

Sophia's POV

"Honey are you sure you want to go on this trip?" Mom asked with concern. Her, Fiona and I were sitting at the dinning table eating breakfast. "It's a Full Moon tonight and your first one without us. I'm just worried and a little scared."

"Mom I have to go, this trip and the essay I'll have to write after will make up most of my grade for History class," I replied taking a bite of my ham and bacon sandwich (which was my second one. Honestly mom I know you're a wolf but what kind of magic did you do to this. No sandwich has the right to taste this...... amazing doesn't even cut it).

"Out of all the places they could've chosen, why somewhere so far out of town?"

"I don't know. The substitute History teacher just chose the old plantation. He said can learn a lot from the past oppressors."

"See that right there. Who says that to a group of teenagers? And I've seen that substitute teacher, awfully young to be teaching at High School."

"Says the mother of two adult boys and a fifteen year old daughter who still looks like she's in her twenties," I snickered at her in full mom mode. It always gives me that fuzzy warm feeling everytime she gets like this."

"Don't worry mom, she'll have Joshua, Cole and Kairi with her," Fiona said finishing off her tea. For the past few days I haven't really talked to the boys and.... I've kinda missed them. Last night while talking to Mom I brought it up, for some advice.

Last Night

Mom and I were in the kitchen cooking dinner. Dad again had to work late and the twins and FiFi were out. It was just us, alone, for the first time since I became a wolf. I honestly missed our 'girl time' as Mom would put it. Us talking about our day, asking me about anything or just something simple like cooking dinner.

"So have you talked to Josh or Cole since that night?"

I was silent for a moment but answering, "no."

"And why is that?"

"Because they lied and used me. And it makes me angry. I hate it when people lie."

"That's kind of hypocritical considering we're lying to everyone that isn't supernatural."

"And that too," I took a breath. She was right. That is hypocritical. "I've been trying about telling the gang."

Mom stopped cutting the veggies, then sighed, "Dulce corazón I know what you mean. When I was younger I had a friend that I wanted to tell. We were close and I was getting tired of lying to her. So I went to your Abuela and asked for permission."

"What did Abeula say?"

"That I was crazy. Because it wasn't just my secret but the families and I whole lot more. Plus I would be putting them in danger."

I knew she was saying the right thing but keeping something like from Chloe and Shayloh is killing. I now that if I told them they might be in danger or even if I tell them they look at me like a monster and hate me. In the end it's a lose-lose with the small percent of a win.

"Sometimes people do 'stupid' things to protect the ones they care about. Your father and I did it to you so you could have a normal life. Paul was thinking about the same thing. Sure our actions may have backfired or went about it the wrong way but it was the meaning behind it that matters," Mom gave me a sweet smile before go back to cooking. "You're young, you can't see the bigger picture yet. In terms of your friends, if you think they can be trusted and if you 100% sure, bring them home so we can talk."

End of Flashback

With that being said I may have over reacted so I'll make it right today. They were just following Paul, who was still in the dog house with Sarah.