Guardian Wolf Part 2

Sophia's POV

'What the hell happened? Where am I' I asked myself struggling to open my eyes. The place was black and moving. The last thing I remember was .............. KAIRI. I looked around but no sign of Kairi, 'what the hell is going on.' I familiar sensation of anxiety and fear began to take hold of me. I tried to move but my hands were tied. 'Oh no no no not again, I can't be kidnapped again.' I began hyperventilating, memories of that day started flooding my mind. 'Am going to get raped again? No I refuse to be that helpless little I was.' At the front of what looks like a delivery van , I heard the voices of two men chatting.

"This job was easy, for the amount of money we're getting paid, sicker," the driver said, his voice was ragged and husky.

"If I had known that our target was a delicious girl I would have charged extra. Latinas..... always gets me excited," the other guy said, he sounds a lot younger than his partner. While they discuss what they would like to do to me, I started looking around for something to cut the rope that tied my hands. It took about three minutes but I finally found a shovel and other digging tools and began cutting the rope with the edge of the shovel. I don't know why they would need digging tools for and I'm not waiting around to find out. It was working until half way through the rope the pickaxe fell alerting the men that I was awake.

"Well well well, looks like sleeping beauty has woken up and look she's trying to free herself," the young man said before turning on the lights. "You know I total myself that I wouldn't do it but damn you're sexy, so what do you say we have some fun." He dragged me away from the shovel and began calming on top of me. I started wiggling around, kicking him, fear overtook me has stared into his eyes, the eyes of a predator but I won't be his prey and with one soild kick he flew back hitting the back of the chair.

"Oh so you have some fight in you, good I like em feisty."

"If you're gonna fuck her, fuck her, we're half way to the meet up point," the other one said still focusing on driving. The young man came back again, this time holding my feet down with his. Had he got closer my fear got worse, you could call it primal has to the need to survive took hold that fear turned into anger, anger towards sick fucks like them that pray on the weak. But I'm not weak, ever since that day I promised myself that I'll never be weak and did every to keep that promise. At that moment without thinking, without feeling, I snapped the rope apart grabbed something off the floor and stabbed him in his neck. Blood started spraying off as he tried to take it out and with TUD!! he fell down completely still.

"Hey Hue what the hell is going on back---- ." He did get to finish as I grabbed the steering wheel making a hard right before drawing the handbrake causing the van to flip over several times before stopping. Has I laid there, my forehead bleeding, slowly losing consciousness, watching the driver crawl his way out bleeding I heard a low deep growl. The last thing I remembered was wolf-like feet then screaming before everything went dark.

Joshua's POV

SHORTLY AFTER SOPHIA WAS KIDNAPPED

I was taking Cole and some of the from the swim team when Shayloh and Travis came over with worried expressions on their faces.

"Hey Josh have you seen Sophia or Kairi?" Shayloh asked looking all over the place.

"No the last time I saw them they went upstairs, why?"

"Daniel asked Kairi for a replacement battery for her video camera and he hasn't seen them, and that was five minutes ago," Travis replied hugging Shayloh from behind, worry on his face as well.

I turned to Cole with stern look. "Ok, Cole go with Daniel and Chloe and check the house, we'll check the Jeep." Without a second thought we all split up. Has we rushed out the house I picked up Sophia and Kairi's scent (thank Luna they wear strong perfume) which led us right to the Jeep. Seeing Kairi on the floor we ran to her.

"She'll breathing," Travis said lifting her up.

"But where is Sophia?"asked Shayloh with tears in her eyes.

"Get Kai inside, I'll call the police," I said trying to keep my mind calm. Has they walked back to the house I heard Cole via wolf telepathy.

"Josh no sign of Sophia or Kairi in the house apart from Mr Peters' study."

"Don't worry we found Kairi but Soph is missing."

"Shit. What are gonna do, call Uncle Tommy and Aunt Teresa?"

"We don't have a choice. I'll call them and track the scent on foot. Call Deputy Miles and stay with everyone, I'll leave the keys to Jeep under the spare tire."

"Roger that, go bring our girl home."

And that I was off, taking to the forest so I wouldn't be seem going thirty five minutes per hour. After calling Aunt Teresa and telling her what happened, she told me to keep her posted. She heard of an accident on the road leading up to Cooper's Point, Uncle Tommy was out of town on pack duty so it's just us. Her lavender scent led me to the exact accident Aunt Teresa heard about followed by the smell of smoke. 'Oh no no no Soph, please be ok please be ok.' My heart started beating so fast and hard that I started losing control. My eyes started glowing yellow and my fangs started protruding out.

"Calm down Josh, breath, Sophia's not here," the familiar voice of Aunt Teresa said. "I was so caught up in what I saw that I didn't see you Aunt Terry."

"I just spoke to Miles, two burnt bodies both male and no sign of Sophia. He said a passerby saw the smoke and called it in. Tire marks indicate weaving then a hard right followed by braking that caused the accident. I picked up her scent once I hit the road coming up but with the smoke and gasoline her scent got lost."

"So what do we do now?"

"There's nothing we can do right now. It's almost midnight. We'll go home and ask a Witch for a locator spell in the morning," she replied with a sigh. She was trying to hold it together has an Alpha but the mother in her caused tears to run out. I walked off taking one last look at the van, 'a hard right and braking, that sound like a struggle like Sophia was fighting back' at least that brought a slight smile to my face. 'I hope you're ok Soph, ok and safe'.

Kairi's POV

I was back in the shadowy place again, the dark void space sent chills up my spine. I started walking, trying to find a way out of here but the void was endless. The last thing I remembered was going to the Jeep for batteries and then....... Sophia, shit I end to find a way to wake up and fast. I started running, hoping to find a door, a window, a hole, river, anything.

"Hahaha look at you thinking about your girlfriend in a time like this, pathetic. Worry about yourself first little oni. I could keep you in here has long has I want," a familiar voice echoed around me.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!!!?"

"What I want.....what I want is for you to stop holding me back."

"Holding you back? I don't even know what you are."

"I'm not a what, I'm a who."

"And who are you?"

There was a chilling silence then I felt a presence behind me. I turned around to see the same purple mist like before. It slowly became twisting and shaking before what stood there was....a black and purple version of...me. "I'm you Kairi, I'm the part you that you fear, that keeps you up at night. You want to be strong, you want power to protect Sophia, I can give you that power. The only you have to do is shake my hands, that's it, shake it and only be out of here with the proper to protect the people you love."

I know I shouldn't do it but what choice do I have. I need to get out of here, I need to find Sophia, I want to be strong. Without thinking I told it's hand in a firm handshake. "Good girl Kairi. You have taken the first step. The world will be more dangerous from now on."

"Wait what?" I flew up looking around to see my mom, Cole, Chloe, Shayloh, Travis, Daniel and Michael sitting in my hospital room. They all looked up but only one thing came to mind. "Where is Sophia?"

Author's Notes

Hey guys things are heating up. Hope you're enjoying the book so far.

I wonder what happened to our girl. Leave your answer in the comments. A special shout out to Shophiea089 for voting on the previous chapters, I really appreciate it.