On Guard

Sophia's POV

Dad dropped me home before going back to work. I walked inside and up to my room to get changed into some sweats. One more day till my Quinceanera, I was both nervous and hyped. I started to wonder what presents a would get or when my brothers will be here, not to mention that University guy coming to see me about my art piece. After awhile the door opened and Josh walked in while I drawing in the couch. I avoided him all day, still feeling strange about what happened in the morning. He looked at me awkwardly as he came into the living room. He sat down across from me and a silence filled the room.

"Soph, are we good?" he said slowly looking at me.

I sighed and looked at him, "Ok look it was awkward....no down right wrong. Josh you've been my best friend since we were babies, basically like a brother so seeing you naked just felt wrong."

"Yea I get it, sis. You didn't feel anything, did you?"

"Of course I didn't, that would be crazy," I lied. I did feel something and it was wrong. "So I have a feeling you did come here to talk about..that?"

"Yeah Paul sent me to tell you that we're on guard duty tonight."

"Guard duty, tonight?" I asked with an raised eyebrow.

"Yup. Every night six wolves are chosen to guard our territory from intruders and tonight the two of us are among the six, so let's go."

Know that it was out of my control I got up and walked out with Josh. After arrived at the clearing soon after to see Paul and Sarah talking. I could try to listen in but I they stop seeing us coming.

"Hey guys, Josh come with me while the girls chat," Paul then walked off with Josh leaving me with Sarah.

"How are you feeling Soph?" asked Sarah full of concern.

"Yeah, kinda so can I get the details?"

"Ok so six of you be guarding to border that leading into town in pairs. Two to the border, two in the middle and the last two at the back, not too far from here."

"Ok sounds simple enough."

"You have to do this in wolf form tho."

"What!!!! Seriously Sarah. Why wolf form, I don't even know how to turn at will."

"Relax hon, I'll teach you. And we do this in wolf form so we're at 100%, so listen up. Did you feel something during the full moon, when you were turning?"

"Apart from the pain," I took a deep breath thinking back to that night. "I did, feel something, primal, even now I feel it. Something in the back of my mind lurking, wanting to come out."

"Good. Let it out. Remember don't worry about the pain just let it happen. This time you'll be fully aware of your actions. Now strip." Without another words I took off my clothes and did what Sarah said, stop resisting . My bones started to break but it wasn't as painful like the full moon. Before long I was on all four fangs and claws out, eyes glowing as a growl escaped my mouth. I saw Sarah looking down at me with proud smile. I barked at her before hearing her voice in my head (oh yeah wolf telepathy, forgot about that).

"I'm proud of you Soph, you handled it better than Cole and Josh."

"Thanks Sarah. Compared to the full moon this was nothing," I said now laying down. Sarah than sat down beside me and rubbed behind my ears making my tail wag.

"Yeah everything goes to two hundred on full moons plus boys are babies when it comes to pain."

"Boys are what, young lady?" Paul's voice rang through my head.