A New World

Author

Heys guys thanks for all the support so far. I have not abandon the story, classes just has me busy. Anyway love the rest of the book remember to vote and comment.

Sophia's POV

   Dad pulled up to the Town Hall. It was a white and egg shell colored. It was built like a combination of a the White House and a Greek Temple (only smaller). Of course it was rebuilt after the original was burnt down in the 90's. The only time I came was with Travis and the gang, HOLY SHIT THE GANG, KAIRI, EVERYONE. They must be worried. With everything that's happening I totally forgot to check on her. I...I'm a terrible friend and an even worse girlfriend. I followed my dad inside passing the lobby into the elevator that always had the sign out of order on it. We got in only to notice that the elevator only went down. After a few minutes the door opened revealing what looked like a cave, a stylized cave to be specific. In the center was the lobby area with obsidian floors in four directions like a compass. The North was labeled Records, West was Meeting Rooms, East was Safe Room and South was where we arrived from aka the elevator. The whole place was decorated in a black and white old fashioned, antique way that made me feel like I was in Harry Potter, and the flowing lights only drove home that feeling.

   We walked to the Records Room to see a young man sitting beside a giant door on his phone (God knows how he has a signal).

"Hey Thomas. How are things?" The young man asked. He was dressed in black and gold uniform with a Trench coat.

"Hey Marco, things are ok so far. I need to get inside."

"Ahh Sophia Rosalia Redway. I've heard a lot of good things about you. I was wondering when you would make the trip here like your brothers before you."

"Soph this is Marco Vermal. His family have been the keepers of these hall since it's construction," my dad informed me.

"That's right but anyways we'll have our time together, just let me unlock the door for you guys." Marco got up and held out both of his hand while mumbling something before flicking his wrist. I could hear the sound of gears moving from behind the door and with a click the door opened. Inside stood three statues in the middle. The one on the left looked like a Native American wearing our ceremonial outfit. The right, a woman in a old fashioned dress, she was beautiful. And in the middle was a man in a suit and top hat. All three had their hands raised forward, meeting each other.

"Papá what is this place?" I asked in awe of the room. Countless scrolls littered the room.

"This is the record room, home to the names of every supernatural creature in town whether they know what they are or not," dad explained.

"Every supernatural. Just how many of us are there?"

"To answer your question you'll have a to know how the town was formed. It started with two waring factions, our tribe and the vampires that took place above Crescent Falls. The battle went on for eight years without any signs of stopping. Having enough of the fighting and the consequences that affected them how lived down stream, the Witches got involved and finally ended the war. A treaty was formed, the werewolves would occupy the left of Crescent Falls, the vampires the right and seeing how the falls split into two rivers down stream creating a large landmass in the middle which the Witches already occupied would remain with them. Over the years as more people found there way here, a human faction was formed with a human leader. Every person that has lived here since has been documented, every family, creature, birth, death and cause, if they active their abilities or not. All that is kept here under each faction."

I stood there processing all my dad just unloaded on me, this town, my home I truly never knew anything. I ventured over to the Non faction section just taking it all in and just going through the list out of curiosity. Yang...wait YANG, I trail my finger over in shock. Kairi Lynn Yang, born February 13, 2008, daughter to Shanai Park Yang and Kai Yang, supernatural: unknown. I was dumbfounded Kairi is supernatural like me, another thing we have in common. My dad walked over to me with a concerned expression.

"Dad did you know about Kairi and her dad?" I looked at him still processing what I just read. Honestly if he knew it wouldn't surprise. With a town like this and info like this I would think everyone knew about everyone (supernaturals of course).

"No I didn't know, honestly I'm just has surprised as you are. Us wolves really mingle with the witches, the vampires avoid us as much as possible because our bite can kill them. The witches, apart from their Covens are free agents and the supernaturals that aren't apart of any of the three factions ten to fly under the radar," dad took me by my shoulder and we walked to the exist. "Come on I still have work to do so I'll drop you home. You have a big day tomorrow and your mother is you a new phone so can talk to your friends, I'm sure they're worried about you."

I nodded and we went topside. On the way home I was thinking about everything that happened the past few days. I killed someone maybe two. I'm a werewolf and not only me but the whole Reservation. They're witches, vampires and God knows what else. My girlfriend is a supernatural and to top it off I still don't know what tomorrow is. I could ask dad but too much information can be a bad thing like this headache I certainly have. Anyway that's tomorrow's problem right now I just wanna go rest.

Author

Hey guys sorry for the short chapter. I don't like it but it's for the plot.