Homecoming

Y/N POV-

Wanda and I spend two weeks at that cabin before leaving to return to the Avenger's Facility. I keep my hand on Wanda's thigh the entire drive, and I catch her out of the corner of my eye looking at her new ring multiple times with a smile on her face.

It has been a couple of weeks since we finished our mission with Hydra. It has been an adjustment to say the least. I wasn't expecting to be as affected as I am, but Wanda has been patient with me.

We pull up to the facility, and I park in my usual spot. I grab our bags out of the trunk handing Wanda hers then head inside. We walk into the kitchen and dining room area first.

"You're back!" Kali rushes forward wrapping her arms around Wanda's neck first. Each of them takes turns greeting us home. I set my bags down on the ground then walk over to Nat in the kitchen while Wanda shows the kids her ring.

"Did you have fun?" I step into her embrace missing her company. "Yeah, it was much needed." Steve comes walking into the room when we break apart. "I thought I heard new voices. Welcome back." He gives both of us a hug before walking over to Nat and wrapping his arm casually around her waist.

I raise my eyebrows looking over at Nat who just mouths out that she'll explain later. "Okay, well." I turn towards Kali, Eli, and Harlee, "Did you finish getting your rooms all set up?" They nod their heads. "Come on then, I want to see."

They were already beginning to relax into the routine here before we left, but I can really see it now in all of them. We stop at Eli's room first. He went with a dark blue bedding which fits him perfectly. Harlee took Stark's old room and chose a light grey bedding with white accents. Kali took Wanda's old room, and she chose a sage green color comforter. "You guys did a good job decorating. These look great." They each have full wardrobes now too thanks to a trip into town before we left on our trip.

The kids follow us into our room. Wanda didn't want to change any of the decorations in here except that now half the closet is hers, a little more than half. It is nice calling it our room now instead of mine, a change I was happy to make.

Harlee sits down on the edge of our bed with Kali while Eli stands by the windows, "So tell us about the cabin. What all did you guys do?" I take Wanda's bag from her and set them down in our closet while she sits across from the girls on the bed.

"Well, Y/N proposed the second night we were there. We then just spent a lot of time enjoying the quiet and time to ourselves. I read through three books while Y/N played the piano. We sat outside by the fire every night." I step over to Eli while Wanda continues chatting with Kali and Harlee.

I face out towards the windows so no one can see my lips moving. "How's it going with Harlee?" Eli matches me facing out towards the water. "She's good. We still don't know what our abilities are though. Nat and Steve have been trying to help Kali, but I think you and Wanda will be able to help better. No offense to them of course. They just don't," he hesitates, "Get it. I just don't understand why they haven't presented for us yet."

I nod my head looking out at the calm water. "You know that's not what I meant." I can see a small smile form on his lips. "Have you asked her out yet? You know you can leave the compound or set something up here." He shakes his head no.

"I just, what if she says no? What if she's only entertaining the thought of me because we trauma bonded?" I glance over my shoulder briefly to see Harlee watching Eli. She then returns her attention back to Wanda.

"You guys are more than that. Hasn't she spent a couple nights with you?" He nods his head. "Just sleeping though." A small laugh escapes my throat. "I'm not pushing you to have sex with her, Eli. I'm just saying, that's how it started with Wanda and me. Just don't push her away because you are scared to get close."