Chapter 21: Am I starting to lose it!?

{{DISCLAIMER: I do not own DATE A LIVE! Everything is own by Koshi Tachibana!}}

Alleyway

Tohka's POV

Kurumi has caught me red handed.

I don't know how she figured it out but she did. Right now I'm walking with her around the shopping district area after that rude encounter with a bunch of delinquents hitting on me.

Kurumi said she needed my help... I think it has got to do with this world that Rinne created.

"These surroundings... no this entire world itself is seem to be out place. Don't you think Tohka-san?" Kurumi ask. Kurumi had to switch into her casual clothes so she had her bangs covering her clock eye.

"I agree, someone or something is responsible for it." I said.

Kurumi nod then had her thumb under her chin.

"Its possible that we could be dealing with a spirit that could create such world." She turn her gaze to directly. "Which is why I require your assistant, even though we're not as neutral as we think we are. Judging from our encounters before this.

From the looks of things she's already made her move to search the whole city. I guess she only needed an extra hand.

"Now back to my suspicion, how did you switch with this Tohka?" She ask curiously.

Should I tell her that I played a dating sim game and got myself into this mess? I doubt she'll believe me for that one. Cause lets face it. It would be a crazy response.

"Honestly I have no clue." I said keeping a straight face. A little note is that maybe I shouldn't mention that Shido was also switched.

"How unfortunate..." She had her thumb under her chin. "Well, moving on shall we focus on our main agenda?"

Kurumi then gave me a run down on her end. She had her clones investigate majority of the surrounding through out the whole city. She did in fact encounter some fishy areas that she couldn't really describe. Which is the real reason why she's required my assistant to confront this problem.

We found ourselves walking casually in the shopping district, however we did get a bunch of glances though...

"So basically, you need another hand to help you do the dirty work. Is that it?" I said to Kurumi.

"In a way, you could say that. But technically its a dirty work." She reply to me.

Kurumi was known to take things slowly, a good example of that was to absorb Shido. Looks like confronting Ruler will have to be put aside.

With the bread bag almost completely finished, I was ready to fight.

"Alright! I'm ready to f-" Being Tohka Yatogami has its draw back...

GROWL~

That's my stomach... But I ate a whole bag of breads.

Kurumi had her face amused and then teasingly look at me.

"Ara ara~ guess that wasn't enough for you appetite, Tohka-san." She said.

"Shut up!" Screw my metabolism.

"Well, in the mean time before we start why don't you come with me? Will get something to eat for you." Kurumi smiles.