Chapter 25: My slice of life as a Spirit?

{{DISCLAIMER: I do not own DATE A LIVE! Everything is own by Koshi Tachibana!}}

Fraxinus Training Room

Tohka's POV

Punch... Punch... Kick... Kick...

I've been breaking a sweat since the last two days this evening. Of course I still had school, so technically I didn't do this all day.

If you're wondering what I'm doing... I've been training. I decided that it would be efficient if I could properly learn how to fight, so I went with learning the traditional art of Karate. As a restriction in order for me to learn I restrain myself from boosting with spirit powers.

And since then I've been making great progress.

The training room inside fraxinus we're excellent. I should thank Grandpa Woodman for it. After all he's the one that establish to make the modification from my request.

Did I say grandfather? Okay that might confuses you but he was also one of the creators along side with Westcott and Ellen who created Mommy Mio.

So in a way Elliot Baldwin Woodman is my grandpa... He doesn't know that interpretation. I'll keep it that way...

So back to my training session, just flinging punches and kick around this room had sorta drilled in the attacks and techniques in me.

Traditional Karate was a pain to get use to in the first few days. But overall I began to slowly adapt to the concept of its fighting style.

As I kept practicing in each punch. Reine walks inside the training room.

"Tohka, how has your training been going?" She ask with a notepad in her hand.

I stop and turn to face her.

"I'm making progress here," I reply, "Is there something you need, Reine?"

"Actually, yes," Reine then pulls out the notepad from her hand as it turns out to be a tablet, "Care to explain this?"

On that tablet was a recent article of an attempted bank robbery in Tokyo... Yes that's right Tokyo a bit far away from Tengu City.

The articles capture a picture of a female vigilante in some kind of armor on the driver's seat of a broken armored car with pile of money... Yeah that me.

"I don't know what that is," I flat out lie to Reine's face.

"Please, don't lie."

"Okay look, I stopped a robbery!" Reine kept giving me the disapproving look, "Fine, I was bored so I used my spirit power to fly to Tokyo, just to go to Akihibara."

I wasn't lying about being bored. I really was and needed a change of scenery. That incident happened on the weekend and it was coincidence that I would stop a robber.

But with my stupid stunt, I'm getting chills that the JDSF are keeping an eye on me from now on. Especially DEM. I sighed.

But Reine showed more articles of my so called heroic acts, some of them even in Tenguu City.

"Look Tohka, how many times are you going to do this?"

"Oh you mean like staying up and play video games all night?" I try to change the subject but she was not budging.

"You understand, what I'm talking about... Lying, to us. The sneaking out and get out of your boredom."

"I had reasons."