Chapter 28: Huh? A Fight and Disagreement?

{{DISCLAIMER: I do not own DATE A LIVE! Everything is owned by Koshi Tachibana!}}

Inn

Shido's POV

I finished dinner and was about to have some shut eyes. But suddenly this feeling inside my chest, like it's starting to make me worry about the twins a bit more. Is providing them a third option right? It has to.

Because both of them want the other to win, that's solid proof that both would rather coexist than have the other disappear. It's like they hate each other at a glance but indirectly they do care and love one another.

I stood by a wide window aiming towards the beach and the ocean. The night and shining moonlight reflected beneath the dark waters emit these glittering stars. I continued gazing at this harmonic view and still reflected on my decision.

Aside from that, coming back to me conjuring spirit powers. That summoning took a bit of power out of me. Tohka once told me that I manage to summon {Sandalphon}: Shield Form during the battle with Kurumi from a couple of months ago.

Compare to today with summoning {Sandalphon}: Katana form it seems the gap of improvement is still ways to go.

She also told me that by sealing other spirits I could wield their powers additionally fuse them to form power combos.

Tohka has done this before during the Rinne incident when she borrowed Kotori's powers. I wonder if I can do that.

"Oi!"

My train of thought was interrupted by my self-proclaimed twin sister Tohka.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Are you still worried?" Tohka sounded irritated.

"Nope, I'm perfectly fine..."

She raised a brow of doubt.

"Okay, you got me. I'm not fine at all."

"Come on Shido, have faith that this will work!"

She then gave me a pat on the back with a smile on her face. It was pretty relieving but not much did it put up a smile on my worried face.

"Okay!" She claps her hands averting my attention to her, "How about we take a little night stroll down by the beach, will that make you feel better?"

I nodded in response.

With no time to spare we walk out of the Inn and headed straight to the beach side. The full moon was shining bright so it was easy to see in the evening.

Now, seeing the scenery up close is beautiful. Tohka continues to stare at the gentle motion of the water with a smile. I couldn't help but blush as I avert away. This feels weird. I mean she kept insisting that were biological siblings together but with the whole situation we had been through, at this point, it feels a bit forbidden.

Oh well, I bet she's got the same idea about it.

Suddenly an aggressive gust of wind blew in our direction. We had our eyes focused on where it came from as it turned out, it revealed the twins.

Standing on the sandy beach facing each other on opposite sides. But their expression left an unsatisfied mood.

"Yuzuru, I don't buy that!" Kaguya shouts out of irritation.

"Now everyone calms down," I said.

"Demand. Kaguya, she told you to choose me?" Yuzuru gave me a stern glare at me.