Chapter 13

Cover to the right is made by cuppa_lattee :)

***

Amanda's POV~

"You mean Jeyleen?"

"That's her name?" he asked, his eyes glued to her. "It fits her," he whispered quietly. His grey orbs were focused solely on her. The corners of his lips lifted up in a grin as he watched her, but within seconds it was replaced with a frown.

A bit confused, I followed his gaze and saw Jeyleen slow-dancing with John. His arms were wrapped tightly around her as she stood up on her tippy-toes, whispering in his ear. John nodded to whatever she had said, mumbling something back to her, smiling, crushing her to his chest. If I hadn't known they were just close friends, I would've thought they were going out with each other.

Maybe they are...

"Are they together or something?" Jason asked, snapping me back to reality.

Ignoring my inner voice, I shook my head. "Nah, they're just really good friends." Even though there's nothing going on between them, I still had my doubts from time to time. Or maybe that's just my jealous mind talking.

"You sure?"

"I'm sure."

Smiling, he nodded, happy with my answer. "What about that guy she came here with today?"

I gave him the 'what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about' look before the wheels in my brain started turning.

I snapped my fingers and giggled. "Oh, him? That's just her brother, Danny."

"Brother?"

"Yup! They're twins."

He rubbed his chin in thought, probably remembering their many resemblances between each other. He made an 'O' shape with his mouth. "I guess they do look alike..."

"Well duh, what do you expect from twins?"

He rolled his shoulders, answering my rhetorical question. His eyes locked on Jeyleen again, a stupid grin plastered on his face. The whole time, his eyes seemed to glow brighter and brighter as he looked at her from afar.

"Why don't we get Jason to ask Jeyleen to dance?" Neal whispered, his hot breath hitting the back of my neck. Trying not to shiver, I whipped around, seeing his bright green eyes.

"And how would we do that?" I asked, looking up at him. They're both pretty shy, and Jeyleen would probably freeze up and hide behind John if Jason were to get anywhere near her.

"All we need to do is to get John away from her," Neal said, peeking at Jason over my shoulder, "then get Jason to talk to Jeyleen."

"Um... one problem," I held up a finger, "she isn't very comfortable around people she doesn't know."

"Then we'll make her comfortable around Jason." He smirked, grinning from ear to ear.

"Why do you want to help Jason out so badly?" I asked, curious. It's not like they're close friends or anything. They barely know each other.

He smiled, probably expecting me to ask that question. "Because I know what he's feeling."

I gave him a bewildered look. "Huh? What is that even supposed to mean?"

He chuckled, his voice deep and smooth. "Nevermind. Let's just help out Jason."

I sighed, pouting. "Fine," I dragged the word out. "What do I have to do?"