27 august sipped away like a bottle of wine

august sipped away like a bottle of wine,
'cause you were never mine.
TAYLOR SWIFT

CHAPTER 27  THE EIGHT

CHAPTER 27 THE EIGHT

venti crossed both arms, absorbed in concentration, while heizou grinned at his ability to complete a thousand customers in a week. whatever trick he had up his sleeve, it worked perfectly.

"you did a wonderful job at least," the two braided boys agreed with a sigh. "welcome to the host club, our 8th member."

aether tossed confetti and congratulated heizou as soon as venti revealed it. meanwhile, you were too preoccupied with finishing your schoolwork early to notice that heizou would join in.

much to your dismay.

scaramouche plopped down next to you, uninterested in heizou joining their little club. his indigo-eyed gaze lands on you.

"how do you feel about heizou joining in?" you said abruptly, disrupting his trance as he established eye contact with you.

"i don't care the slightest bit, insofar as he'd not be an annoying shit." scaramouche commented, his look dashing towards heizou who was waving at you.

you returned the wave before returning your focus to scaramouche. venti abruptly declared just as you opened your lips to speak.

"we'll be holding a party after school, y/n and scaramouche's dorm!" venti grinned, and scaramouche instantly gave him the middle finger and rolled his eyes.

scaramouche raised one of his eyebrows in response as y/n abruptly rose from her seats, collecting her papers together.

"where are you going?"

"i need to speak with diluc about something; telling venti for me, see you," you said as you tossed your bag over your shoulder and walked out of the music room.

you hurriedly checked your phone as you walked out of the room to see diluc's reaction. putting your phone back in your pocket, you dash along with one of the corridors.

in the meantime, a specific red-headed stood uninterested before donna who was meandering aimlessly about how she got a bunch of flowers for him.

"so i hope you enjoy them, master diluc." donna smiled like an idiot, oblivious at how the male cringed at the word 'master'.

"thanks for the flowers," he said, nodding as he thought up a plausible story, "however i won't be accepting them since i'm allergic to them." he wanted y/n would come by sooner and get him out of this position.

sure, he appreciates the kind gift, but he has never been a fan of getting gifts because he can buy everything he wants rather than having it given to him.

donna frowned as she was going to speak out about it. finally, diluc's savior emerged on time, clutching papers and a notebook.

"i'm here-" she then, at that point, paid heed to the circumstance that she popped squarely in, her e/c-eyes connecting with donna's and the atmosphere framing into an awkward one.