029 | vecnas curse

Saturday, March 22nd 1986

THAT MORNING AT WORK THEY HAD reviewed a call from Wayne Munson to go to thr trailer park and now it was 9am and they were investigating a murder.

He had explained how he had found the body of some young girl in his house when he had arrived home this morning and that his nephew was missing.

"I swear, I don't know who she is," Wayne said to Powell before turning around and seeing Bea, "Oh little Henderson, how are you,"

Her dad had worked with Wayne for a while and that's when she'd met both Eddie and his uncle, "I'm good Mr Munson, I'll get this sorted out for ya okay," she said with a smile on her face.

They walked in, all of them looking in shock at the scene they were presented with. "Holy mother of God," Calahan muttered under his breath as he surveyed the area.

She gasped, hand on her mouth as she looked at the scene in front of her. It was Chrissy Cunningham with her eyes missing and her limbs twisted in ways that a body shouldn't be twisted.

They completed the analysis, Bea feelings a bit sick about the whole thing. That's when they heard that Jason Carver, Chrissys boyfriend, had had a party last night at Bennys diner.

When they arrived at Benny's, Powell instantly called over Jason and sat him down, the three police officers on the other side of the table.

"You can ask anyone here, I've been here all night," Jason stated, looking at the three opposite him

"Oh we will, I also note that there's a lot of beer here, you have fun last night?" She questioned, knowing exactly what a high school party looked like.

"You gonna arrest me for drinking, that's rich coming from you Henderson. Didn't you and Harrington spend your last summer drinking and partying and having sex in his pool?" He said and she tensed up, anger boiling in her veins.

"First of all, drinking underage is against the law. Second of all, I've never touched alcohol in my life. Third, it's Officer Henderson to you Mr Carver and you better watch your mouth before I lock you up for verbally assaulting a police officer, I don't care who your daddy is," she stated.

Calahan smiled, proud of the way she handled it. He had always promised Hopper to look after her and now with her gone he mentored her and saw her like his own child - or sibling.

"I second all that, and trespassing is also very illegal. You talk about her like that again kid and see where that gets ya," Calahan said, narrowing his eyes at the boy.

"People have been trespassing here for years man, act like you don't know," he spat out, his hatred for authority clear.

"What about your girlfriend, Chrissy, she party here last night?" Bea questioned, narrowing her eyes when Jason said she wasn't there, "Thats odd, what with her being your girlfriend and all,"